HBO on Tuesday finally released the first full trailer of Game of Thrones Season 8. However, from the way that everything panned out in Season 7, we are confident that things will be moving at a pace, unlike anything we've seen on television before.
And yet here we are, with around 90 seconds of new footage to obsess over. It follows with glimpses of Greyjoy ships carrying the Golden Company, Cersei at the Red Keep (sipping wine despite her pregnancy), Sansa seeing dragons for the first time as Drogon and Rhaegal fly over Winterfell with Jon and Daenerys.
The trailer opens with a bloodied and sweating Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) running for her life, as she is pursued through the dark by an unseen menace. Director David Nutter - responsible for three episodes of the final season - added: "The fans will not be let down".
After an nearly two-year-long wait, the last six episodes of the HBO epic will begin on April 14. According to Entertainment Weekly, no part of it was more exhausting than the epic final battle, when actors shot action sequences at night for 11 weeks.
"But nothing can prepare you for how physically draining it is", she said.
HBO has a huge year ahead, with the end of Game of Thrones ushering in a new era for the cable network.
Crank up your screen brightness and ready your theories, because the trailer for Game of Thrones' final season is upon us.
The trailer also appears to allude to a change in heart for some of the Lannisters, who seem to be considering joining the uprising against the White Walkers.
We also get to see a number of characters like Ser Davos, the Hound, and Jaime on the battlements of the castle, fire all around them. "I just want somebody to say, 'Trust me, go see this'".
Of course, as the Night King, one resurrected dragon and a massive icy army flood towards breaching the Wall at the Seven Kingdoms' northern border, "spectacular" is the bare minimum expectation of fans around the globe.
- Jason Witten ends retirement, back with Dallas Cowboys
- Top House Dems Request Documents from WH on Trump’s Communications With Putin
- Captured Indian pilot freed by Pakistan in attempt to calm tensions
- Pellegrini cannot accept penalty award after Hammers lose at City
- Trump tweets Cohen grilling may have led to failure with N. Korea
- Elon Musk's SpaceX takes major step towards reviving United States astronaut presence
- Lynne Patton: I was not a 'prop' at Michael Cohen hearing
- California towns cut off by floods
- Redskins would win big with a Josh Rosen trade
- Impactful Snow Storm Heading Our Way Sunday