Michigan State hasn't scored in the last 2:13 of game time. And this time, the loss may have cost the Spartans a shot at a Big Ten title.
BLOOMINGTON, IN - MARCH 02: Cassius Winston #5 of the Michigan State Spartans drives to the basket around Rob Phinisee #10 of the Indiana Hoosiers at Assembly Hall on March 2, 2019 in Bloomington, Indiana.
IN basketball doesn't appear ready to wave a white flag on the year, rallying to defeat No. 6 Michigan State for the second time this season on Saturday.
The Hoosiers (15-14, 6-12 Big Ten) kept their slim March Madness hopes alive with a 63-62 upset victory over No. 6 Michigan State (23-6, 14-4 Big Ten) on Saturday to sweep their regular-season series.
After struggling through a three-game losing skid halfway through conference play, Michigan State has rattled off five straight wins to perch themselves atop the Big Ten standings.
Now it's locked in on Michigan State vs. Indiana. And after IN used its foul to give and Michigan State had one last gasp that ended IN Winston's miss.
Things fell apart for IN after that, which dropped 12 of its next 13 games to fall below.500, with the one win (which came over Michigan State at the Breslin Center) looking like an aberration.
Hello and welcome to today's live updates page for the men's basketball game between IU and No. 6 Michigan State.
IN slowly chipped away at that deficit until a nine-point run midway through the second half that cut its deficit to one point at 11:42 and forced a Spartans timeout.
Cassius Winston scored 20 points and handed out 11 assists for the Spartans, but his final shot from the baseline didn't go down to secure the IN win. Kenny Goins had 14 points, while Xavier Tillman had 11.
Forward, Justin Smith took charge for the team helping IN stay within reach of the Spartans. After Michigan State on Saturday, Indiana has just two games left, one at IL and one against Rutgers at home. Shutting down MSU early in the game would protect IU from another close or overtime game. Langford, who's expected to be a lottery pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, is an extremely hard matchup for opposing defenders and he enters Saturday's matchup against Michigan State averaging 17.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists this season. "They get on the offensive glass; they do things like that to make the game really messy and play really hard", Winston said.
- Trump encircled: House Democrats launch sprawling probe into 'abuse of power'
- Actor Luke Perry dead at 52 after suffering massive stroke, TMZ reports
- U.S. a step closer in getting Huawei CFO to stand trial
- Top House Dems Request Documents from WH on Trump’s Communications With Putin
- ‘Game of Thrones’ unveils first full-length trailer for final season
- Former FSU DE Burns turning heads with NFL Combine workout
- 4 potential Raiders draft picks who dominated the NFL Scouting Combine
- President Trump Embraces American Flag Before CPAC Speech
- SpaceX Crew Dragon launches demo flight
- Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, Clark Gregg and others in attendance