I think it's hard to overstate the impact of HBO's Game of Thrones on the cultural landscape. It doesn't reveal much that we don't already know, but it takes that bar of excitement to another level entirely. We'll find out how it all pans out when the final season begins on 14 April.
In terms of the trailer above, we see most of the main characters staking out their ground for the battle to come. We aren't sure, but she's clearly deathly afraid of it, despite her voiceover welcoming the "many faces" of death.
A teaser for the final season was released in January.
Wow. Just, wow. A ton of stuff to unpack here, mostly surrounding the battle at Winterfell and who is involved.
But what this trailer is really all about is our heroes' (and villains') preparation for the final battle against the Night King. "I look forward to seeing this one", she says, menacingly. At least her brother Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) remains steadfast in his decision to abandon his former love, declaring his promise "to fight for the living" in this new footage.
Coming in at just under two minutes long, the trailer starts with a monologue by a clearly terrified Arya Stark, before showing us Targaryen ships sailing with a man who appears to be Jaime Lannister onboard.
As for that battle, it's the Battle of Winterfell, and the Verge reminds readers of a few key plot points about it, among them the fact that the White Walkers now have their very own dragon. All but one, that is: Cersei Lannister. All three are invaluable fighters for Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen, and considering they are hugely outnumbered against the Night King, our favorite Targaryens can use all the help they can get. It was like it was created to make you think, Right, I'm f-king sick of this.
- Tesla Model 3 vs Polestar 2: performance, features, batteries, and price
- Top House Dems Request Documents from WH on Trump’s Communications With Putin
- 4 potential Raiders draft picks who dominated the NFL Scouting Combine
- Modis policies highlighted Kashmir on global forums, says Qureshi
- Former FSU DE Burns turning heads with NFL Combine workout
- ‘Game of Thrones’ unveils first full-length trailer for final season
- President Trump Embraces American Flag Before CPAC Speech
- Klopp blames wind after Liverpool see title momentum swing Man City's way
- Trump encircled: House Democrats launch sprawling probe into 'abuse of power'
- Stephon Clark protests: Protesters calls for justice after Stephon Clark decision