The 21-year-old TV personality and entrepreneur has made her fortune from her best-selling cosmetics business.
"We consider any person who built her own fortune, and didn't inherit the money, to be self-made", she wrote. Past year alone, her brand grew by an estimated whopping $360 million.
Of her success, she added: "I didn't expect anything".
Kylie was listed at the 2,057th spot on the Forbes' 2019 billionaires list. Forbes estimates the business is worth about US$900 million (NZ$1.3b). Zuckerberg first featured on the list when he was just 23 years old but now doesn't hold the "record".
Forbes said that in 2014, it came up with a scoring system "that ranked members of the Forbes 400 list of richest Americans on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of how self-made they were".
But critics found it troubling that the magazine deliberately ignored the role that Jenner's rich and privileged family played in her success.
Dictionary.com called out Kylie Jenner and served a major truth bomb. Her most popular product is the lip kit that comes with a lipstick and matching lip liner.
Although critics are still shaking their head at Kylie being "self-made", I think that she's setting a really awesome example for young people everywhere.
"It's the power of social media", Jenner told Forbes. Kylie's influence on social media is huge and she does know how to market a brand and while she might be a huge deal in the world of entertainment, nobody is taking notes on "making it all on your own" from her.
Yes, Kylie had a massive social media network, but it was Kylie who managed it, kept it fresh, and engaging. "I would have her at number four on the list of Kardashians, and the ones above her aren't much better", he said.
- Bill Beaumont calls meeting to save Nations League
- Klopp blames wind after Liverpool see title momentum swing Man City's way
- U.S., China Reportedly Close To Trade Deal
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: I’ve spoken to Man United about summer transfers
- Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, Clark Gregg and others in attendance
- Redskins would win big with a Josh Rosen trade
- Elon Musk's SpaceX takes major step towards reviving United States astronaut presence
- Indiana Hoosiers bouncing back thanks to guys not on the scouting report
- Trump says he’ll issue order protecting campus free speech
- Stephon Clark protests: Protesters calls for justice after Stephon Clark decision