According to Spanish outlet AS, Florentino Perez has already made contact with Jorge Mendes - Mourinho's renowned super-agent - to negotiate the Portuguese's return.
AS report that the pair had a huge row in the Santiago Bernabeu dressing room in the aftermath of Madrid's Champions League exit at the hands of Ajax.
Post the thumping 4-1 loss, the Real Madrid players were absolutely distraught, as the team had won 3 UCL titles in the last 3 years. Obviously it's a reason to be proud, but nothing more than that. After dropping 12 points behind Barcelona in the league table, the lone competition remaining for Madrid to hang its hat on was the Champions League.
Ex-Madrid president Roman Calderon is gaining support behind the scenes and it is understood he could force a presidential election. "I think that's very important, so if you put a timeframe, I think in 10 years you could have some results".
Real replaced Zidane with Spain coach Julen Lopetegui - a move that was a disaster for club, coach and country - but he lasted just four months, with Santiago Solari eventually taking the reins.
Any hopes of his being a Zidane-esque appointment were quickly vanquished however, as Madrid veered from disappointing performance to disappointing performance.
"But the problem is who is going to run the club in the office?"
The former Argentina and Madrid player has led the team to 21 wins, eight losses and two draws in 31 matches in all competitions.
Solari said after the loss to Ajax he hadn't accepted the job only to surrender when things got hard, and also said he wasn't anxious about all the talk by Mourinho.
- Zeldin: 'No Doubt' There's Double Standard in Omar Anti-Semitism Controversy
- Here's What R. Kelly Says Happened to His Millions
- U.S., China Reportedly Close To Trade Deal
- Backed forces holding 2,000 ISIS fighters in Syria | newkerala.com #109581
- Venezuela expels German ambassador for backing Guaido
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 8 Trailer Is Massive
- SpaceX Crew Dragon returns from ISS to Earth
- Oprah Winfrey To Speak With Michael Jackson Accusers On HBO
- Gonzalo HIGUAIN scores opening goal for Chelsea in win against Fulham
- Samuel L. Jackson's Been Trolling Us All About Captain Marvel's Powers