Samsung's spokeswoman said the Galaxy Fold was displayed that way because it wanted more attention on the soon-to-be-launched Galaxy S10, not because there was a problem with the quality of the foldable device.
Other sources note that Samsung may offer free screen replacements for Samsung Galaxy Fold devices. The display design would be siilar to the Mate X with inwards fold.
With regards to the release date, Samsung's foldable flip smartphone is expected to be announced earlier than the outwardly foldable smartphone.
Mr Sabbagh said the UAE is the best-performing market for Samsung in the region, but he expects more growth in Oman this year. As such, a prototype already exists for the external folding device. It's expected to be thinner than the Galaxy Fold in phone mode because it only needs one screen, after all. This is apparently one of the reasons behind Samsung's reluctance to let reporters play around with the device at its unveiling late last month.
After a comprehensive evaluation process, DisplayMate Technologies has deemed the Galaxy S10's display "the most color accurate display that we have ever tested, [and] nearly certainly considerably better than your existing smartphone, 4K UHD TV, tablet, laptop, and computer monitor".
Featuring a peak luminance of 1215 nits, the Galaxy S10's display produces crisp, vibrant visuals when users need them - such as when they're outside and under direct sunlight, or in environments with lots of ambient light.
It remains to be seen if folding smartphones will become popular in the future.
Those taking delivery of an S10 will be treated to a fully edge-to-edge display which now stretches right across the front the phone.
Samsung, which also produces memory chips and televisions, makes the foldable displays itself and supplies technology to rivals such as Apple. According to Kuo, Samsung should ship between 40 million and 45 million Galaxy S10 units, up from his previous 30 million to 35 million estimate.
It also solves one of the bigger pains for the Galaxy S8 and S9 - the awkward fingerprint-sensor placement.
- Joe Jonas Pokes fun at priyanka chopra-nick Jonas' wedding
- Gayle King interviews 2 women who are reportedly dating R. Kelly
- USA trade deficits hit record high following Trump tariff wars
- Venezuela expels German ambassador for backing Guaido
- SpaceX Crew Dragon returns from ISS to Earth
- Advances in stem cell treatment give hope to millions with 'incurable' diseases
- U.S., China Reportedly Close To Trade Deal
- Gonzalo HIGUAIN scores opening goal for Chelsea in win against Fulham
- Huawei sues US government over 'unconstitutional' ban
- Kelly Denies Sexual Abuse Allegations in Explosive Interview