Cook County sheriff's spokeswoman Sophia Ansari said Kelly was released Saturday after someone paid $161,000 in back child support for him. Following being released, Kelly addressed the press who were waiting for him outside of Cook County jail.
R. Kelly reportedly plans to file documents Monday that will ask a judge to cut the amount of money he owes for back child support to his ex-wife, Drea Kelly. "That's all I can say right now".
Considering what's been reported earlier today from Kelly's old lawyer, who is now coming clean about his defense of the singer more than a decade ago, maybe it'll be a little more complicated than we can imagine to have this whole thing straightened out.
Kelly pleaded not guilty on February 25 to 10 counts of aggravated criminal sex abuse against four victims, three of them minors.
Gloria Allred revealed on Friday, March 8, 2019, that she will be representing the unnamed woman - whose identity is being kept secret - and said the woman had already been interviewed by law enforcement. He denies all allegations against him.
Valencia Patrice Love, of Romeoville, has described herself as a friend of Kelly and a fan of his music.
It looks like R. Kelly has some serious guardian angels.
Wearing a bright red jacket, bluejeans and the cuff of his blue dress shirt peeking out from a gray hooded sweatshirt, Kelly briskly walked out of the jail shortly before noon Saturday after three nights in custody. The controversial crooner has reportedly paid over $160,000 in child support days after getting placed behind bars.
The 52-year-old performer was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly failed to come up with unpaid child support due for his children. He has also very publicly proclaimed his innocence, telling Gayle King in an interview that aired Wednesday on CBS This Morning that all his accusers were lying about him. "[But] they're pressured [not to see him], and I get it". I'm trying to have a relationship with my kids and I can't do it!
"So many people have been stealing my money".
- Here's What R. Kelly Says Happened to His Millions
- USA trade deficits hit record high following Trump tariff wars
- Venezuela expels German ambassador for backing Guaido
- Paul Merson states his prediction for Liverpool FC v Burnley
- At least seven missing in Alabama after deadly weekend tornadoes
- Met Éireann issues weather warning for Galway for snow
- Perez asked Zidane to come back to Madrid, claims Calderon
- Explaining Captain Marvel’s Post-Credits Scene
- Southampton stun Tottenham to boost bid for Premier League survival
- As blackout eases, Venezuela braces for rival rallies