We'll be on Daylight Savings Time until November 3.
Just a coincidence? Probably not. However, given that Pennsylvania is geographically situated roughly between the 75th and 80th meridian, our traditional schedules as they relate to winter daylight, and the natural idea that noon should approximate the time of the sun's zenith (hence, "mid-day"), Eastern Standard Time is the logical preference.
We are also expecting a warm up this weekend.
On the other hand, that same study found the risk fell about as much in the fall, when clocks were turned back. "First, missing an hour of sleep makes people sleepy, especially if their sleep time is already short the week before". And night-shift workers will only get paid for seven hours of work instead of the usual eight, according to federal law.
A 2008 Department of Energy study reported that daylight saving time reduces annual energy use by about 0.03%.
"If signed by the governor, the bill will bring California closer to abolishing the outdated practice of switching our clocks in the fall and spring", Chu told The Sacramento Bee in June. With about a dozen clocks to change, the process begins on the Friday before the time-change and can take a few days to complete.
The problems don't stop there. People also report feeling disoriented and unproductive. Our bodies may not fully recover from the springtime bump for weeks. The idea was implemented in several places, but wasn't officially instituted until World War I, when Germany put the plan in place in an effort to conserve fuel. But more recent research suggests it's probably not saving us any megawatts of power at all.
A set time zone could be in the works for the West Coast. So, the country dropped the time change until World War II, and only a select number of states chose to follow it after the war's end. However, things get far more complicated within the state, as the Navajo Nation, which covers part of northeastern Arizona, does observe Daylight Saving Time, and the Hopi Reservation, which is surrounded entirely by the Navajo Nation, does not.
Meanwhile, the tradition inevitably costs some people their lives.
- Jungle Boy Releases Statement On The Passing Of His Father Luke Perry
- Kelly Accused of Giving 13-Year Old Girl Herpes
- Zuckerberg Announces Big Changes To Facebook. Here’s What People Should Expect
- Samsung explains why Galaxy Fold’s innie is better than an outie
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Samuel L. Jackson's Been Trolling Us All About Captain Marvel's Powers
- Duke star Zion Williamson out vs. North Carolina
- Backed forces holding 2,000 ISIS fighters in Syria | newkerala.com #109581
- Joe Jonas Pokes fun at priyanka chopra-nick Jonas' wedding
- Met Éireann issues weather warning for Galway for snow