The new Marvel adventure made $153 million in the U.S., with a worldwide figure of $455 million in all.
The film's success shows (once more) that when under-represented demographics get their due in solid entertainment outings, audiences will react by opening their wallets and spending the money.
The Marvel superhero flick was initially slated for a conservative $125 million opening domestically.
Forbes reports that Captain Marvel is also the second-biggest solo superhero effort since Black Panther raked in $202 million in 2018.
"As the first female-fronted superhero film, it's flawless timing for Captain Marvel to be released on International Women's Day".
A still from the film "Captain Marvel". Perhaps the wisest course of action is to see the film and judge its merits for yourself. Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck have directed the feature.
Captain Marvel stars Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte, McKenna Grace, Clark Gregg and Jude Law.
Captain Marvel has already sky rocketed up the box office charts. However, not only in this country, Captain Marvel is at a record rate. But Captain Marvel is off to a tremendous start, and it's now poised to own the box office until at least early April, when DC's Shazam! hits theaters. Overall, Wonder Woman has taken " in the world, over 820 million dollars - whether it's "Captain Marvel" crack? Despite trolls continuing to post negative reviews, audiences overwhelmingly loved it, giving the film an A Cinemascore, with 80 percent of critics liking it as well, according to Rotten Tomatoes. It now ranks as the second-biggest launch for a superhero movie worldwide, behind 'Avengers: Infinity War'.
- Why presidential budget requests are usually dead on arrival, explained
- European Central Bank holds interest rates steady to curb eurozone slowdown
- Jungle Boy Releases Statement On The Passing Of His Father Luke Perry
- What Pope Francis Said About Women On International Women’s Day
- Zuckerberg Announces Big Changes To Facebook. Here’s What People Should Expect
- Google’s Crazy Reservation-Making A.I. Is Coming to iPhone
- Kelly Accused of Giving 13-Year Old Girl Herpes
- As blackout eases, Venezuela braces for rival rallies
- LeBron James says Luke Walton's voice has been one of few constants
- $161,000 child support paid to get R Kelly out of jail