Captain Marvel has already sky rocketed up the box office charts.
Adding in another $302 million from foreign sources gives the film a current worldwide box office of $455 million.
Considering how much money Captain Marvel made at the cinema in its opening weekend, a lot of people are going to be seeing Brie Larson at the cinema in the near future. Captain Marvel may/may not answer what takes place post Infinity War, but it will be pleasing for fans until Endgame hits the theaters.
Franchises big and small dominate the box office this March. Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck have put together a good superhero movie with Captain Marvel, especially since it is the first female superhero movie. The kids were the happiest when they were served popcorn and soda by Captain Marvel.
"Higher, further, faster" is one of the taglines for Marvel Studios' recently released Captain Marvel.
Universal's third weekend of "How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World" led the rest of the pack with $14.7 million at 4,402 locations for a 17-day domestic total of $119.7 million.
"With a reported Dollars 153 mn in the United States and USD 302 mn internationally, Captain Marvel is poised to have the second biggest worldwide opening in the MCU, only behind Avengers: Infinity War, which happens to have the biggest worldwide opening at USD 640.5 m", reported comicbook.com. It's not just her presence that might have surprised you but the fact that she was working the concessions stand. "Brie Larson and Samuel L Jackson carry the movie on their shoulders". Alita: Battle Angel, its closest competitor in terms of the type of audience it appeals to, opened multiple weeks ago.
Overall box office is down 21.3 percent year-to-date, according to Comscore, a slight rise from previous weeks boosted by the explosive success of Captain Marvel.
- Perez asked Zidane to come back to Madrid, claims Calderon
- Canada's No-Sex, No-Money Scandal Could Topple Trudeau
- Demands for air strike proof making Pakistan 'happy': Modi
- European Central Bank holds interest rates steady to curb eurozone slowdown
- What Pope Francis Said About Women On International Women’s Day
- LeBron James says Luke Walton's voice has been one of few constants
- Hospitality job gains keep Mass. unemployment at 3.1%
- As blackout eases, Venezuela braces for rival rallies
- Guardiola not interested in Juventus move as Man City continue title bid
- Samsung explains why Galaxy Fold’s innie is better than an outie