Woods is a two-time victor of the Players, which is being played in March for the first time since 2006-the last 12 editions were played in early May.
Several players made early scouting trips to TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., ahead of The Players Championship this week, even if they have played often in the so-called "Fifth Major". Another significant aspect, he noted, is that the greens are more receptive this time of year. If I would have gotten my rounds in last week, it would have been four tournaments, so I'm right there where I need to be.
After this proposal, it's probably safe to say they'll be coming back for at least a few more editions of the event.
So who wins the 2019 Players Championship? It was interesting that he mentioned 18 because so few people discuss it.
Day said last week that an MRI scan had revealed he had a tear in a disc in his lower back, which was causing him crippling pain when the problem flaired up.
"It was out of control, it was a raucous atmosphere and I was actually embracing it", Perks said.
To illustrate the distance difference, Woods noted that a year ago he hit a three-iron and a nine-iron to reach the 18th green on Sunday. Tuesday in his practice round, he used 3-wood, 3-iron.
Tiger was talking to his ball that came up short of the pin, just sitting on a slope that could have carried his shot down to the front of the green.
"Winning is hard, you have to put it all together over four days in different conditions", said Fleetwood on Wednesday. Like many iconic venues in golf, this is one players look forward to annually, but also as kids, envisioning the pressure and stress associated with some of the more demanding closing holes in golf in an arena with an unprecedented atmosphere.
When asked about the "better than most" putt that Woods hit in 2001, he said he actually got a read from Fred Funk's putt.
Since 2003 at the Players, pros have hit 757 shots into the water at 17-almost 11 percent of all tee shots-including 93 in 2007, when 50 shots splashed in the first round. I'm like, would you start breaking.
Course: TPC Sawgrass (Players Stadium Course).
"You have to overcome that part of it", Woods insisted. Assuming this week goes well and he goes to Texas for the Match Play, that would give him five tournaments before the Masters.
Monahan said that the PGA Tour was involved in the rules-changing process and encouraged a "modernization and simplification" and that "we were fully supportive of the new rules because we were a participant in creating them". In his first start in the Players Championship last season, he finished in a tie for second, four strokes behind victor Webb Simpson.
- Loughlin posts $1 million bail in bribery case
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Season Finale - Colton and Cassie [Spoiler]
- Vikings losing Latavius Murray, Tay Train expected to sign with Saints
- Facebook temporarily pulled Warren ads about breaking it up
- Celebrations as Algeria's president announces he won't run for 5th term
- Another One Of Meghan Markle's Royal Staff Members Just Quit
- Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among dozens charged in college admission cheating scam
- Conor McGregor released on bail following arrest in Miami
- Kate Middleton sports Gucci blouse, pants during solo outing in London
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Francesco Molinari snatches two-shot Bay Hill win