An El Paso news station says former Representative Beto O'Rourke is running for president.
He wrote: "I'm really proud of what El Paso did and what El Paso represents. I think it's important to have people that are running from different parts of the country".
On immigration, O'Rourke said, "All of us, wherever you live, can acknowledge that if immigration is a problem, it's the best possible problem for this country to have".
The bid comes three and a half months after a narrow loss for Senate in Texas, a campaign that catapulted the 46-year-old, three-term lawmaker from El Paso to national prominence. He got within 3 percentage points of upsetting Cruz in the nation's largest red state and shattered national fundraising records while using grassroots organizing and social media savvy to mobilize young voters and minorities.
In 2018 speculation began that Mr O'Rourke may decide to run after his campaign for the US Senate proved his worth.
He was so successful in mobilizing Democrat voters that even though he lost his race, Democratic candidates swept almost every judicial seat in Houston's Harris County (the most populous county in the state) and flipped a number of other important state appellate courts, deeply changing the state's judicial landscape. While O'Rourke lost his Senate bid, the race vaulted him into the national spotlight. "We were able to raise a million dollars in just the first 48 hours after I announced, and I'm running my own race", Klobuchar said.
Some had encouraged O'Rourke to make another run at the Senate again, challenging Republican Sen. And he was the only presidential prospect interviewed by Oprah Winfrey, who appeared genuinely excited last month about the prospect of an O'Rourke White House run.
The former Texas congressman announced his White House run Thursday morning and stopped later in a coffeeshop in Keokuk (KEE'-uh-kuhk), Iowa. O'Rourke accused Trump of stoking "false fear" about immigrants.
But that doesn't mean Gingrich thinks she'll win against President Donald Trump, and it didn't stop him from getting a dig in at her politics, which include ending private insurance.
- Sephora cuts ties with Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade
- Vikings losing Latavius Murray, Tay Train expected to sign with Saints
- Ho-Hum. More Boring Success for SpaceX as Crew Dragon Splashes Down
- Moon adviser says ‘all-or-nothing’ United States approach toward N. Korea won’t work
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Conor McGregor released on bail following arrest in Miami
- Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among dozens charged in college admission cheating scam