The likes of Gareth Bale, Marco Asensio and Isco have failed to hit the heights many expected and demanded this season.
Isco, who had not started a single league game under Santiago Solari, gave the Spanish giants the lead shortly after the hour and Gareth Bale got the goal his own committed display deserved to put sorry Celta out of sight. "So the coach always has the problem, but I will count on both until the end of the season, then we will see", Zidane submitted. Ashley Maitland-Niles is another player that Unai Emery may have to let go if they are to sign Wan-Bissaka, believes The Sun.
The performances of Bale, Isco and Marcelo in particular have left him with plenty to ponder, and Zidane can only hope that vigour will continue after the worldwide break. They are all very good players.
"I just know the players they are, they have shown it before here".
One of the agreements behind Zidane's return to the dugout in Madrid less than a year after quitting was understood to be more control over transfers.
And nearly nobody's place is safe at Madrid following a disastrous season that included a humbling round-of-16 exit from the Champions League to Ajax and a record of three losses and a draw in their four meetings with fierce rival Barcelona.
United's hopes of European glory remain alive after overcoming Paris St Germain and, speaking before being drawn against Barcelona, Solskjaer said they have proved that "on any given day we can beat a top team". "We are all motivated again".
Isco, out of favour under previous coach Santiago Solari, made it 1-0 when he tapped in striker Karim Benzema's low cross from close range. "There's a great atmosphere and all I'm thinking about is finishing the season on a high". Celta Vigo has lost 9 of its past 11 matches.
Luka Modric had a goal ruled out for offside earlier in the second half and Bale, who had struck the crossbar in the first period, sealed victory with a shot in off the post in the 77th minute. And Zizou backed the strongest players, who were decisive in the three Champions League titles.
Argentine striker Jonathan Calleri scored twice and Swedish forward John Guidetti added another for Alaves, which is unbeaten in six games.
- Digital Video Platforms Grapple With Reality Of Live-Streamed Massacre 03/18/2019
- UNC leads Louisville, 45-35, in ACC Tournament quarterfinals — HALFTIME
- New Zealand mosque attack suspect charged with murder, appears in court
- Road to Champions League Final Set Following Quarterfinal Draw
- US House wants Mueller report made public
- New Zealand shooting: Hero refugee chased gunman away from Christchurch mosque
- Apple unveils new iPad, updates Mini ahead of video streaming launch
- Facebook loses Chief Product Officer Chris Cox and WhatsApp VP Chris Daniels
- Spotify Lodges Official Complaint Against Apple for 'Unfair Advantages'
- One Charged With Murder in Wake of Christchurch Shootings