However, if the regular battle pass is enough for you, there's a way to get it for way cheaper: by signing up for one month of EA Access (Xbox One) or Origin Basic Access (PC), which each cost only U.S. $5 / £4 / AU $7 per month. This has a price tag of 2,800 in-game coins. But instead of completing challenges as you do in Fortnite, you'll earn experience in Apex Legends just by playing. However, the previously unknown Season 1 Battle Pass was still anyone's guess. "We look to do the same with our Battle Pass", Horn said. Can I still earn rewards for free? You can read about some of the benefits below which were shared by EA.
There will be free rewards for those who don't purchase the Battle Pass that you can earn, but Battle Pass holders will get 100 additional premium rewards.
Yes! You keep every Battle Pass reward you've unlocked after the season is over. However, a chunk of the community has taken to Reddit to complain that the pass seems boring and uninteresting, with the main rewards of the pass seemingly focusing on badges and trackers - instead of more traditional cosmetic items and high tier, whacky new content.
What happens if I buy my Battle Pass late in the season?
And even if you don't purchase the Battle Pass, you'll still unlock a few rewards just by playing. "In addition, we've included our first ever three-stage evolving Legendary Havoc weapon skin (for veterans who are looking for the new hotness), as well as Epic and Legendary Apex Packs".
The launch of Season 1 also coincides with the release of a new hero named Octane. As most fans suspected, their identity has been confirmed as Octane; a speed junkie character who uses bounce pads to leap across the map. An endless supply of Stim health regen means he's always ready to leg it, and his Launch Pad Ultimate ability enables Octane to soar through the air.
The "dangerous" new Battle Pass will be available for purchase in-game for 950 Apex Coins.
Rumours have been circulating regarding Apex Legends for weeks, so it's nice to finally have confirmation from EA.
Unlocking Octane, Apex Legends' newest character, is going to be players' top priority once Season 1 kicks off. It also doesn't include any sort of in-depth quest system.
- One Charged With Murder in Wake of Christchurch Shootings
- Facebook pulls 1.5 million mass murder videos
- Two mass shootings spark gun law debate in New Zealand
- New Zealand gunman acted alone, but may have had support
- UNC leads Louisville, 45-35, in ACC Tournament quarterfinals — HALFTIME
- Bianca Andreescu continues fairytale run to reach Indian Wells final
- How to Watch Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal
- Apple unveils new iPad, updates Mini ahead of video streaming launch
- Activision announces Call of Duty
- Devin Nunes files $250M defamation lawsuit against Twitter, 3 account holders