The lawsuit says that Nunes "seeks compensatory damages and punitive damages in an amount not less than $250,000,000" for alleged "negligence, defamation per se, insulting words, and civil conspiracy".
U.S. Rep. Devin Nunes is suing Twitter and selected users for $250 million, alleging something he calls "anti-conservative bias", "shadow bans", and "smears". It accuses the social media site of "shadow-banning conservatives" and creating platforms that allowed some users to defame conservatives.
Although deleted now, "Devin Nunes" mom" retweeted many of Mair's claims, and hit the California Republican with salacious and potty-mouthed insults, once "falsely suggesting that Nunes might be willing to give the president a "blowjob'".
The lawsuit lists states that Twitter allowed the abuse and shadow banning against Nunes because it has a "political agenda and motive". The lawsuit calls for Twitter to reveal the hidden identities behind the anonymous accounts.
The lawsuit accused the Devin Nunes' Cow account of orchestrating a year-long defamation campaign against him. "It is a modern-day Tammany Hall". The congressman blames Twitter for allowing them to have a platform, and demands that the social media company remove defamatory messages.
The abusive content published by the named Twitter accounts includes impersonating Nunes' mother, and repeatedly publishing content that was hateful, false, vile, depicting Nunes as involved in sexual acts and damaging to his reputation. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) took the issue to court with a lawsuit seeking $600,000 in damages, Fox News reports.
Per the complaint, the account @DevinCow has no such disclaimer and caused Nunes "extreme pain and suffering" by calling him a "treasonous cowpoke" and an "udder-ly worthless" criminal.
The lawsuit goes on to say Mair lives in Virginia, which is a state where Twitter is allowed to conduct business aside from its DE office or California headquarters, according to the lawsuit.
A member of the House Permanent Select Intelligence Committee, Nunes accuses the defendants of working in concert to obstruct his investigations into "corruption and Russian involvement in the 2016 Presidential Election".
- Paris Jackson Blasts Reports She Was Placed On Psychiatric Hold
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Shooting at several locations in Holland's Utrecht city: Counter-terrorism agency
- Lionel Messi Scores Unbelievable Free-Kick Against Real Betis
- Boeing 373 Max Ban Spreads Around The World
- Israeli Police Hunt Terrorist Who Killed 2, Critically Wounded Another
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- UNC leads Louisville, 45-35, in ACC Tournament quarterfinals — HALFTIME