Carlo Ancelotti's side now sit in second place in the Serie a table and qualified for the quarter-finals as they narrowly defeated RB Salzburg 4-3 on aggregate.
It has not, so far, been quite as successful as the real thing, but Ancelotti is a shrewd coach and strategist and Unai Emery will have to get his tactical response right.
Arsenal successfully turned around their Europa League tie against Rennes at the Emirates Stadium on Thursday evening, and after the match the discussion on social media was all about their star striker.
The first leg of the quarterfinals are to be played on April 11 followed by the second leg a week later on April 18.
"Of course, we miss being there".
Aubameyang clearly picked up the ball in an offside position and his cross was put into the net by Maitland-Niles.
While Emery's men have arguably a harder path to the May 29 final in Baku, with Napoli now second in Serie A, the Spaniard feels pressure brings out the best in his team as "the difficult moments give us our best performance".
If we don't, I will be very anxious....
Arsenal were forced to make the switch due to having the "lower priority" as Chelsea won the FA Cup last season.
The North London based outfit take on Newcastle United next on April 1.
Concise News understands that Arsenal will battle the Italian side in the next phase of the competition after seeing off Rennes in the round of 16.
Emery's side have received arguably the toughest Europa League draw, where they will face current Serie A runners-up Napoli, but Wright has suggested that his former club should be more excited than perturbed by the draw.
"Yes, the team have grown and the players have grown".
"We knew we had to be better in the first leg".
"It shows how we are approaching those games differently".
"I said to the players today, I'm excited (about) this competition, but it's exciting not only for the possibility to go to the Champions League, but also because it's one title", he said.
- French President Macron considers banning protests on Champs Elysees
- Activision announces Call of Duty
- Pep Guardiola refuses to discuss potential Manchester City quadruple
- Bianca Andreescu continues fairytale run to reach Indian Wells final
- Cyclone Idai Leaves Scores Dead in Zimbabwe, Mozambique
- UNC leads Louisville, 45-35, in ACC Tournament quarterfinals — HALFTIME
- Facebook pulls 1.5 million mass murder videos
- Watch Google's big gaming announcement here, live
- How to Watch Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal
- Two mass shootings spark gun law debate in New Zealand