No problems, Apple will sell you the wireless charging case separate. "Developed specifically for headphones, this 'delivers performance efficiencies, faster connect times, more talk time and the convenience of hands-free 'Hey Siri". If not, but you want wireless charging, you could opt to buy just the wireless charging case for your old AirPods. The new wireless earbuds, which are available for preorder today starting at $159, come with an updated, Apple-designed chip, more battery life, and "Hey Siri" voice-command support.
Apple has been on a roll with its launches, and after several reports, the new AirPods have finally arrived. Instead, that is an optional accessory which costs extra.
Charging is also easier thanks to a new QI-compatible wireless charging case. Now, you don't need to reach for your iPhone to adjust the volume or tap on the side of one AirPod to activate the digital assistant. The second generation AirPods work with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models running iOS 12.2 or later, Apple Watch models running watchOS 5.2 or later, and Mac models running macOS 10.14.4 or later.
Overall, not a huge amount has changed between the two generations of Apple AirPods, with many rumored features not making it to the final iteration of the AirPods 2. Though some rumors claimed that we'd see a new iPod Touch today, we're actually getting a new pair of AirPods.
The company unveiled the Qi wireless charging case. You can now talk for up to three hours on a charge on your AirPods, 50% longer than you could on the original versions.
Apple has just announced its second-generation AirPods, which stand as the world's most popular wireless headphones; granted, popular doesn't always mean best according to our sister site SoundGuys.
- Two mass shootings spark gun law debate in New Zealand
- OPEC cuts oil production in February despite pressure from Trump
- Devin Nunes files $250M defamation lawsuit against Twitter, 3 account holders
- Bianca Andreescu continues fairytale run to reach Indian Wells final
- Activision announces Call of Duty
- Digital Video Platforms Grapple With Reality Of Live-Streamed Massacre 03/18/2019
- Shooting at several locations in Holland's Utrecht city: Counter-terrorism agency
- UNC leads Louisville, 45-35, in ACC Tournament quarterfinals — HALFTIME
- One million people sign petition calling for Fraser Anning to leave parliament
- Nirav Modi Bail Plea Rejected, Next Hearing on March 29