Strangely enough, we're not going to have to wait another 114 years to see another Equinox Super Worm Moon!
During this time, the moon will appear 14% bigger and 30% brighter than usual as it reaches its closes point to Earth.
Full moons in March have many names, including some drawn from Native American customs.
Along with the seasonal conditions, a supermoon, called the Worm Moon, will be present tonight.
The illuminated spectacle - known as the Worm Moon - will be the last of 2019's three back-to-back supermoons. According to National Geographic, this moon coincides with the time of year when earthworms begin to emerge from the thawing winter soil.
The full moon is also known as the worm moon: For millenniums, people across the world, including Native Americans in the eastern and central United States, named the months after nature's cues.
For those hoping to catch a glimpse of the rare moon's glimmer, it's best to head away from the bright lights and smog of major cities to improve your view.
March 2019 phases of the moon. /YouTube
Wednesday marked a long-awaited beginning to the spring season for many in the Northern Hemisphere. So, equinoxes are for kicking off spring and autumn, while solstices are for celebrating peak summer and winter. Both these days witness equal day and night timings - both the days when the sun is directly above the equator.
The spring equinox occurs when the sun is directly in line with the equator. June solstice and December solstice mark the start of the other two seasons.
Spring begins at 3:58 p.m. Wednesday.
This week's full Sugar Moon will rise in the sky like a springtime treat: A supermoon that shows up to mark the first day of Spring.
- Spotify Lodges Official Complaint Against Apple for 'Unfair Advantages'
- Pep Guardiola refuses to discuss potential Manchester City quadruple
- Digital Video Platforms Grapple With Reality Of Live-Streamed Massacre 03/18/2019
- Paris Jackson Blasts Reports She Was Placed On Psychiatric Hold
- Cyclone Idai Leaves Scores Dead in Zimbabwe, Mozambique
- Devin Nunes files $250M defamation lawsuit against Twitter, 3 account holders
- Apple unveils new iPad, updates Mini ahead of video streaming launch
- Boeing 373 Max Ban Spreads Around The World
- One Charged With Murder in Wake of Christchurch Shootings
- New Zealand gunman acted alone, but may have had support