Sources also say that numerous league's vendors have not been paid yet and it's unclear if Dundon or the previous ownership should foot those bills.
Founded and led by television producer Charlie Ebersol, the Alliance of American Football is also backed in part by Peter Thiel's Founders Fund, The Chernin Group, and venture capitalist Keith Rabois.
"A players' union official did express serious concerns about the risks of lending active National Football League players to the AAF".
"I sincerely regret that many that believed in this project will see their hopes and efforts unrewarded".
Instead, McMahon made a decision to restart his own league; it is scheduled to launch next year.
Manziel was helped off the field and later ruled out from coming back into the game.
Regardless of all the chatter about fans wanting football in the spring, we continue to wait for a secondary pro league to succeed in America.
If this is the end of the AAF, then it won't have lasted even as long as the original XFL did which was one season. "If this company has a chance to survive, if the football is good enough that this has a runway where people are engaged, it will change sports".
- Nipsey Hussle Dead: Rapper Killed In Los Angeles Street
- Manchester United too much for Watford
- British Lawmakers Vote Against All Brexit Alternative Plans
- Twitter expands dark mode options on iOS
- Kim Kardashian is 'freaking out' over baby no.4
- Huawei posts increase in 2018 earnings despite criticisms
- Trump's Obamacare trash fire will burn Alabama
- Early election talk grows as Brexit supporters accuse British MPs of betrayal
- Stop interfering in Venezuela, Russia warns US
- Turkish FM reaffirms commitment to Russian S-400 deal despite U.S. warning