"I promise you won't feel this way forever", the text reads in part.
"She hasn't felt emotionally available for the relationship", the source said of her and Asghari.
"Now get to work, bitch".
It was arguably one of the most controversial incidents in celebrity culture, mostly due to the way in which the media had handled her public fall from Hollywood graces.
"I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time", she finished.
In a statment shared on Instagram, the mum of two said: "I am dedicating my focus and energy to care for my family". However, it's important to always put your family first... and that's the decision I had to make.
Since the news broke, fans have been taking to social media to support the pop star who revealed in January this year that her Dad nearly died, and she would be postponing her Las Vegas residency.
The pop superstar checked herself into the unnamed facility last week. But, her father Jamie's health worsened and hence, Britney chose to step away from work to be with her father as she is pretty close to him.
"We all need to take time for a little 'me time, '" Spears wrote in the caption.
'Kevin commends Britney for recognizing that she needs to take a step back and that she is taking reasonable steps to dealing with her situation in a responsible way, ' Mark Vincent Kaplan told ET.
In November 2017, the 66-year-old father to Britney, 37, Jamie Lynn, 27, and Bryan Spears, 41, fell "seriously ill" after his colon "spontaneously ruptured", leaving him hospitalized for several months.
Will join the choir and say: keep going, y'all.
- Several Injured After Stampede at Nipsey Hussle Vigil
- Social media reacts to Neil Warnock post Chelsea defeat
- Game of Thrones release 'official tease' for season eight
- Brunei implements stoning to death under new anti-LGBT laws
- Harry and Meghan take the crown for Instagram record
- Senate Republicans invoke nuclear option to limit nomination debate time
- The Avengers Assemble for Round 2 in a New Endgame Trailer
- Sharp object used to kill SC college student
- Turkey's ruling AK Party to lodge objection over Istanbul voting results
- Pentagon says expects to resolve row with Turkey over S-400