Because Neidhart passed away in August of a year ago, his daughter Natalya Neidhart stood in his place to accept the induction on his behalf.
Those who came to the rescue, CNN reported, included Xavier Woods, Tyson Kidd, Drake Maverick, Curtis Axel and Travis Browne, the UFC heavyweight who is married to Ronda Rousey. Hart resumed his speech and appeared to be fine.
Considered by fans to be among the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, Hart has had a legendary career in the business.
Security and a group of wrestlers helped the 61-year-old after the crowd descended into chaos.
After the conclusion of the event, Hart posted a message on his Instagram.
Bret Hart's brother Owen Hart, a fellow wrestler, died in 1999 after a stunt went wrong and he plunged 78ft to his death during a pay-per-view event in Kansas.
Hart didn't require any medical attention after the incident and was even composed enough to finish his speech when the man had been taken away. He is to be charged with two counts of 3rd degree assault, one count of criminal trespassing and one count of violation of local law.
According to reports, Bret Hart is ok following the attack.
After the incident, Drake stepped to the podium and asked everyone to pay that guy no mind, to let's get back to the speech.
"He should have never attacked Bret Hart especially at such a special moment in his life", Fisher said.
- Facebook app developers post millions of user records on cloud servers
- Jobless rate rises to 5.5 per cent in March
- India claims space debris poses minimal threat
- Boeing's CEO apologizes for the deadly 737 MAX airliner crashes
- Oregon's Women's Basketball Faces Baylor Tomorrow
- Measles Case Confirmed, Possible Exposures In Baltimore Area
- US Democratic Party presidential aspirant Joe Biden issues statement on #MeToo allegations
- 23 arrests made after Michigan State Final Four loss
- Google Confirms Arrival of Pixel 4 via Android Open Source Project
- Tesla shares skid as Model S and X deliveries fall by half