The new will be a big boost to Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, who knows he is going to need all of his key players fit and firing if he is to guide the Anfield outfit to their first Premier League title this term, and the Netherlands worldwide certainly falls into that category.
The Egyptian took just 69 games to do it in, while next closest Fernando Torres needed 72 fixtures to hit the same mark.
Only two other players in the Premier League era have reached the landmark quicker - Manchester United's Ruud van Nistelrooy and Alan Shearer for Blackburn Rovers.
Accruing such a significant total is down to the players' unshakeable belief in their ability to find a way through any opponent, according to Van Dijk.
Henderson has been directly involved in as many goals in tonight's game vs Southampton alone as he has in the previous two Premier League seasons combined (2).
"He deserves all the praise but he doesn't get too much of it", said Klopp.
"We have 82 points now".
"But James Milner and Henderson came on, brought aggressiveness - verbal aggressiveness - and we had direction again after that". Always, I'm thinking to score.
It wasn't until the 36 minute that Liverpool finally found the back of the net from a goal by midfielder Naby Keita. "It was really big for us". "But I'm still very proud".
Liverpool have played a game more than Man City, but they have now put the pressure back on the reigning champions who play before them next Sunday.
"I think the first half was hard because we made it hard", the No.4, who captained the side from the start, told Liverpoolfc.com post-match.
The Egyptian expertly finished into the bottom right corner past goalkeeper Angus Gunn to give the Reds a deserved lead, before Henderson wrapped things up with a rare goal to earn all three points.
Alisson is in goal for Liverpool, as has been the case for the entirety of the Premier League season so far.
Liverpool needed a stoppage-time victor to beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 at Anfield last weekend and it was forced to do things the hard way again at St Mary's.
- US Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen resigns
- Kupcho wins first Women's Amateur at Augusta
- Borderlands Is Getting Review Bombed On Steam Over Epic Store Exclusivity
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu vows to annex West Bank settlements if re-elected
- Measles Case Confirmed, Possible Exposures In Baltimore Area
- US Democratic Party presidential aspirant Joe Biden issues statement on #MeToo allegations
- 23 arrests made after Michigan State Final Four loss
- U.S. House committee seeks Trump tax returns from IRS
- Fortnite Reboot Van Coming to Live Servers Next Week
- Full Story Of Bret Hart Attacker — Zachary Madsen