"She doesn't know I'm standing here because I know I would be crying like a baby in front of her", he added. Johnson, 34, denied that his wife was unhappy about his coaching, although the job takes away time he previously had spent with her and their young son. We're halfway there with LeBron coming (last summer). "I don't know what's going on over there". I'm like, 'Damn I have a great life outside of this. "I like to be free".
"It's hard when you love an organization like I love this organization", Johnson said as he started to cry. But the two seem to have made up this past year, with Irving first calling James to apologize for how he acted during their time in Cleveland, and with the two looking every bit like the BFFs they were in The Land during their weekend together at the 2019 NBA All-Star Game. Magic claimed he didn't finalize his decision until Tuesday morning.
Incredibly, Johnson chose to announce the news himself without telling owner Jeannie Buss beforehand. We will continue the journey. The Lakers have not made the playoffs since 2013.
Johnson said he wanted to be available to players who seek his mentorship, something he could not do in his position with Los Angeles.
Ultimately, Magic said he believes he will be happier being "Magic" without the restrictions and pressure of a franchise executive. He will always be not only a Lakers icon, but our family.
He said he was exhausted of not being able to talk to players on other teams and mentor them without the specter of tampering.
"No anxiety. But call me later tonight and the answer might be different", Walton said. On his infamous early-season meeting with Luke: "I think everybody blew that up".
While Johnson was expected to provide stability, it will be interesting to see how his decision impacts the Lakers in free agency.
The Lakers, who have been playing without James in the lineup for weeks, lost 104-101 to Portland following Johnson' announcement.
Johnson retired in 1991 after he tested positive for HIV, but later returned briefly to the Lakers as a player and a coach.
Johnson took the job in February 2017, as general manager Mitch Kupchak was sacked and Jim Buss was removed as executive vice president of basketball operations.
Magic's move will impact not only the Lakers, but a lot of the league.
- NISSAN shareholders sack ex-chairman Carlos Ghosn
- Brexit deadlock continues after British MPs reject four alternative proposals
- United States in 'unprecedented move' designates Iran's Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organisation
- Eden Hazard So Hard To Play Against, West Ham Star Admits
- Guardiola on City＇s quadruple dream: It＇s nice to be where we are
- Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild Will Support Labo VR
- William Barr says 'spying did occur' on Trump campaign during Obama era
- Some areas of Wisconsin could see heavy snow this week
- Make way for the Jonas Sisters
- Mayor Declares 'Health Emergency' as Measles Outbreak Hits Brooklyn — DE BLASIO'S NYC