So it's possible that the company might launch a future Galaxy Note or S series smartphone with a rotating camera. Set to lead the company's revamped Galaxy A-series, the Samsung Galaxy A80 brings a number of firsts for Samsung.
Instead of a front-facing camera tucked inside the screen, Samsung has opted for a pop-up selfie snapper that rises from the top of the phone.
The camera setup aside for the moment, Samsung Galaxy A80 has several other things going for it.
The design looks relatively premium, but pick up the Galaxy A40 and the lightweight frame and cheaper feel reveals it's made up of a glass and plastic combo, rather than being an all-glass affair. They'll be available on Samsung's website in addition to "major retailers". We'll find out more during our in-depth review. The A80 might also skip the front-facing physical earpiece and will likely use a solution similar to the one found in the LG G8 ThinQ. The display also features an in-display fingerprint sensor. When the camera app is shut, the entire module gets hidden inside and the camera automatically gets rotated back to the rear position. On the front there is a 32MP, f/2.2 camera for selfies. This whole exercise is quite seamless and doesn't take long. There are three lenses in the A80's rotating array; a 48MP f/2.0 main camera, an 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123°) camera, and a 3D depth camera. The Snapdragon 7150 is said to be a successor of Qualcomm's current mid-range chipset Snapdragon 710. This swaps out the AMOLED panel for a 1920 x 1200 LCD one, the battery is downgraded to 6,150 mAh, and there's a choice between 2GB and 3GB of RAM compared to 4GB and 6GB on the Tab S5e. Meanwhile, your 230 bucks will probably buy you just 2 gigs of RAM and 32 of internal storage space, although 3/64 and 3/128GB versions are also coming, all equipped with microSD card slots for extra digital hoarding needs. The device due to its smaller footprint gets a 3000mAh battery with 1 5W fast charge so as to allow for shorter charging time. There is no 3.5mm audio jack in the smartphone, which will certainly irk some prospective buyers.
The Samsung Galaxy A80 will become available in Phantom Black, Angel Gold with pink reflections, Ghost white with blue reflections.
- 'Meghan Markle may skip royal baby photocall because of bad press'
- United States in 'unprecedented move' designates Iran's Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organisation
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm - The Sunday Edition
- Fortnite Reboot Van Coming to Live Servers Next Week
- Mayor Declares 'Health Emergency' as Measles Outbreak Hits Brooklyn — DE BLASIO'S NYC
- NISSAN shareholders sack ex-chairman Carlos Ghosn
- Leafs' Gardiner says demons of Game 7 collapse vs. Bruins are gone
- Christchurch shooting suspect ordered to undergo mental health tests
- Meet Kofi Kingston the Ghanaian to first win the WWE Championship
- Some areas of Wisconsin could see heavy snow this week