Re-live Dirk's final home game with the Mavs through the best sights and sounds from the night...
Spurs fans showed plenty of love to the 40-year-old future Hall of Famer, and he said it "felt nearly like a home game". "But we've put in the bank what we've learned from the tough games and tough losses and really put it into these last two games, being able to click and get a sense coming together at an important point heading into the playoffs".
The guard played 38 minutes, shooting 60 percent from the field (53.8 percent from long range) to go along with five assists, five rebounds, one block and one steal. "Everything else will be a surprise to me".
Dirk Nowitzki finished his National Basketball Association career on the road against the Spurs on Wednesday.
Dirk Nowitzki is calling it a career after 21 seasons. "I want to see how my body feels the last couple of weeks".
That bucket was a flawless note to close on as Nowitzki checked out one last time to a standing ovation from an appreciative San Antonio crowd.
After returning from his ankle injury, Nowitzki notched career lows this season in most major categories.
Nowitzki never shared his retirement plans because he didn't want a farewell tour, but he also said he only began serious deliberations on retirement when his lower body gave him issues late in the season. Carter has played for eight teams. The 21-year veteran took to center court following the Mavericks 109-120 win against the Suns to make it official, prompting sighs and cheers from the fans. "Now every big fella trying to shoot the ball from 3".
- Loose Women call Harry and Meghan's royal baby plan 'stage-managed'
- Omar Al-Bashir Resigns, Transitional Government To Be Announced
- NHL Playoffs: Youth is being served early in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Scientists share first-ever closeup photo of a black hole
- Star Wars Films Will Go on Break After Episode IX
- Tottenham confirm 'significant' Kane ligament injury
- World News: Netanyahu, Gantz Claim Victory In Israeli Closely-Fought Parliamentary Elections
- Lauren London Reveals New Tattoo Dedicated to Nipsey Hussle After Memorial Service
- San Diego native Luke Walton out as Lakers coach
- Raptors' Anunoby out indefinitely after having appendix removed