After starting slow, and with plenty of questions about his ability to play a full game after his fall on the scorer's table during his postgame celebration Tuesday night had seemed to cause his knee to act up, Wade eventually began racking up stats.
The Nets honored Wade with a video tribute in pregame introductions by highlighting some of his notable shots against them over the course of a 16-year career while the text on the screen read "Thanks for the Memories".
The three were watching Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade play the final National Basketball Association game of his career. He fittingly secured it with a pass to Udonis Haslem, his teammate of 15 years who plays sparingly now and made his only start of the season. I was looking at retiring before I came back, and he helped nudge me to go on this tour.
Wade exited the court for the last time with 10 seconds remaining.
"I'm so lucky to be in the situation where I have a five-month-old daughter by my side - it just was so fitting to have the opportunity to end my career with me carrying her", Wade said on ABC News' Good Morning America about his daughter Kaavia. He's been with that franchise for that long period of time.
Heat won 122-99, with Wade scoring 30 points, three assists, and three rebounds.
"Wade's last game at home was always going to be a cultural moment - "all the attention and relevance that a brand could hope to tap into", said Adam Lock, group creative director at VaynerMedia, the ad agency Budweiser partnered with to create the spot".
During the game, Wade even told Paul he was getting a triple-double. then he went out and did.
But there was no keeping Wade down for long. In the clip, Regina is seen looking stunned and raising her arms to protect herself as the 25-year-old player grazes her high bun, and crashes into statistician Dave Fried, who was working next to commentator Mike Breen. "It's unfortunate that I had the fall. But he's cut from a different cloth".
"It's been an unbelievable journey for my guy, and I'm happy to be here for the last little part of the road before the train comes to a stop". Wade passed Elgin Baylor (23,149 points) to move into 29th place on the NBA's career list.
They each met up with Wade after the game, with Anthony receiving Wade's jersey.
At one point, a loose ball bounced to Anthony, and the entire crowd begged him to shoot it.
- Sudanese protesters jubilant after military leader rapidly replaced
- World News: Netanyahu, Gantz Claim Victory In Israeli Closely-Fought Parliamentary Elections
- PSN ID Name Changes Are Finally Coming Today
- Messi knows collision was an accident, says Smalling
- Trump Says He Will Deploy More Troops to Southern US Border
- Indian election parties hit by TV and funding clampdown
- Sweden looking at re-filing sex assault case against Julian Assange
- Cristiano Ronaldo Set Up Juventus At Ajax Before Return Leg
- USA wants United Nations to revoke credentials of Maduro’s government
- Uber files to go public as losses mount