To avoid confusing friends, you can opt to have your old ID display next to the new one for 30 days.
On PS4, you'll first want to go into Settings, then select Account Management Account Information Profile Online ID. Being able to change the PSN ID has been one of the most demanding services by the users.
The post also notes that PSN ID changes aren't supported by either PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita systems or games. The first change is free, and each subsequent one will cost ten bucks (five if you have a PS Plus subscription).
The first time users change their PS4 name it will be free - but after that PlayStation fans will be charged.
So proceed with caution, and if you're seriously anxious about these possibilities, perhaps skip out on changing your ID and just make a new account instead.
With that, you've completed the change!
Here's a list of things you'll probably need or want to know. This is possible because old names won't be made available to anyone else but remain associated with the same account behind the scenes. Also, it seems that some games published after April 2018 don't support this feature, even though they were all supposed to be developed with the feature in mind.
Anyone still trying to pull off a cringe-AF PSN ID? A large majority of the most-played PS4 games that we tested support the feature, and we expect major issues to occur only in a small number of games.
The potential problems are broken up into two tiers: "issues" and "critical issues".
Parts of your game and applications may not function properly both online and offline. The biggest issues might include the game showing your old name, losing saved data or access to downloadable content.
- USA wants United Nations to revoke credentials of Maduro’s government
- European Union agrees to offer May Brexit delay after Macron talks tough
- Lauren London Reveals New Tattoo Dedicated to Nipsey Hussle After Memorial Service
- Star Wars Films Will Go on Break After Episode IX
- Trump Says He Will Deploy More Troops to Southern US Border
- Russos Explain Captain Marvel’s New Look in Avengers: Endgame
- Barr says 'I think spying did occur' on Trump campaign
- Treasury Won't Comply With Dems On Trump's Taxes
- Raptors' Anunoby out indefinitely after having appendix removed
- Omar Al-Bashir Resigns, Transitional Government To Be Announced