Pochettino does not believe his talisman has a weakness in his ankles, though, and puts the injuries down to bad luck.
"You always think about the reasons why we are where we are, all that kind of stuff".
Surgeon Mark Davies, a leading specialist at the London Foot and Ankle Centre, who has operated on Premier League footballers, said going under the knife could help restore the strength of Kane's ligament to what it was before his first injury.
"Now we have a good battle in Manchester, we need from now to recover for this game and prepare very well", he said.
Spurs boss Pochettino heaped praise on Moura after game, saying: 'Today we saw him step up when there was no Kane or Alli.
However, given his frequency in suffering ankle injuries, it could be argued England's captain could do with a significant break following a demanding 12 months and Spurs will hope he can return fit and fresh for the start of pre-season. "It's a hard moment for him, and watching the action, we feel so disappointed and it's hard to accept the situation".
"The goal didn't come, but I though he had a big part to play in the game".
Kane suffered the injury after twisting his ankle when he clattered into Delph after being on the end of some rough treatment from City players.
Moura celebrated after the final whistle by bringing his 1-year-old son onto the field, with the crowd cheering every time the toddler kicked the ball toward his father.
Kane is not the kind of player to flinch from a challenge, according to Pochettino.
For fans living outside of the United Kingdom, find out if you watch Tottenham vs Huddersfield in your country here. Now because of bad luck it has become an issue but he is how he is.
- Kim Kardashian is studying to become a lawyer
- Indian election parties hit by TV and funding clampdown
- Cristiano Ronaldo Set Up Juventus At Ajax Before Return Leg
- ‘I didn’t like the backstabbing’: Magic Johnson abruptly quits LA Lakers
- Star Wars Films Will Go on Break After Episode IX
- Loose Women call Harry and Meghan's royal baby plan 'stage-managed'
- Trump Says He Will Deploy More Troops to Southern US Border
- Lauren London Reveals New Tattoo Dedicated to Nipsey Hussle After Memorial Service
- World News: Netanyahu, Gantz Claim Victory In Israeli Closely-Fought Parliamentary Elections
- NHL Playoffs: Youth is being served early in Stanley Cup playoffs