Star Wars Celebration 2019 wound down in a big way Sunday with our first look at The Mandalorian, Lucasfilm's very first live-action television series hitting Disney+ this fall. However, Skywalker Sound is the audio company behind the Star Wars franchise and is owned by the brand's parent companies, Lucasfilm and Disney, so you'd expect it to know about upcoming projects in the series.
The Mandalorian will launch with Disney+ on November 12.
It takes up the storyworld of the Mandalorians - (Boba Fett wears Mandalorian armour) - denizens of the Outer Rim planet of Mandalore, known for their skilled bounty hunters. Showrunner Jon Favreau was joined by director Dave Filoni and stars Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano and Carl Weathers to reveal some details and unveil the first footage.
Filming began in October, with creator/executive producer Favreau sharing a first look photo of the title character. As you can see, it's a starkly-designed piece featuring Pedro Pascal's mysterious Mandalorian warrior, standing in front of an alien landscape. As the creator of The Clone Wars and Rebels, Filoni has been in that position many times.
No new Lego Star Wars game has yet been announced. So he hires this guy and sends him out there.
In the clip, the Mandalorian and another character, Reef Carga (Carl Weathers), can be seen discussing a job inside a cantina, according to CNET.
It was revealed that Carano's character was named Kara Dune (spelling?) and she's an ex-Rebels shocktrooper who is a bit of loner who is trying to reintegrate into society.
We were treated to the first footage from The Mandalorian and saw Pescal's character seemingly tracking someone down. I specifically say "hear" because unfortunately while footage was shown to the audience in attendance, the online stream was blacked out while it was playing.
What do you make of Carano and Weathers' characters? You can see part of the interview below. Wood, who also provided the voice for General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars animated series, let slip that he's working on a new LEGO Star Wars game. "We love pulling all the different stories together".
- Messi knows collision was an accident, says Smalling
- WhatsApp, Facebook And Instagram Down For Many Users Around The World
- Ocasio-Cortez: Joe Biden Running for President Doesn't 'Animate Me'
- 'World's biggest plane' Stratolaunch completes first flight
- Liverpool vs. Chelsea highlights: Mo Salah scores absolute stunner
- Raptors' Anunoby out indefinitely after having appendix removed
- Spire collapses as huge fire engulfs Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris
- The Masters: Complete player earnings, prize money from victor to 50th
- PSN ID Name Changes Are Finally Coming Today
- US Justice Department expects to release Russia report Thursday