The tweet comes as the Chicago-based company has been under enormous pressure after the crashes spurred an worldwide grounding of the fleet and launched numerous federal investigations.
The cancellations represent 1.5 per cent of American's total flights each day of the (northern) summer. The authority recommended the manufacturer to review 737 MAX flight control systems and advise aviation authorities to review if Boeing "adequately" addresses the question. Both flights involved American planemaker Boeing's new 737 Max model; the crashes appear to involve the model's anti-stalling software.
The U.S. was one of the last countries to ground the plane last month after a second deadly crash in Ethiopia, following by months a crash in Indonesia.
Orders for Boeing "once bestselling" aircraft have slowed and the company has said it stopped deliveries and plans to submit a software fix to Federal Aviation Adminstration regulators within the next month.
The Chief Executive and President of the company said in a letter to employees and customers that they believe the plane will be recertified before that date but want to be reassured of the reliability ahead of its peak travel season.
"We remain confident that the impending software updates, along with the new training elements Boeing is developing for the MAX, will lead to recertification of the aircraft soon".
American previously planned to cancel MAX flights through early June.
Booming demand along with the grounding of Boeing's 737 Max aircraft is biting into Northern Hemisphere spring and summer schedules.
"We're not denying that it's going to be a challenge for us", American spokesman Ross Feinstein said.
The cancellations were caused by hail, thunderstorms and high winds in Dallas followed by snow in Chicago, he said.
"At Boeing we understand that lives literally depend on the work we do, and that requires the utmost excellence and integrity in how we do that work", Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg said at the George W. Bush Presidential Center Forum on April 11, 2019.
- 'It Was Fantastic': Dirk Nowitzki Scores 20 in Career Finale
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Nicklaus major record in play again for Woods
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Chelsea Fans Denied Entry To Europa League Game Over Salah Chants
- First STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN Images
- PSN ID Name Changes Are Finally Coming Today
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Official Reveal Trailer (HD)
- San Diego native Luke Walton out as Lakers coach
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury