Updates from the third race of the season in ShanghaiAny thoughts?
But despite having spent so many years away from his homeland, Zhou remains fiercely proud of his Chinese roots, and explained how much it would mean to him to become China's first ever F1 race driver. All cars headed out for their final run in Q3 with 2 minutes and 25 seconds left on the clock.
Red Bull could also get in the mix with Ferrari and Mercedes. He was 46 years and 41 days when he clinched his fifth championship (PA Archive/PA Images) Out of the 764 drivers to have started an F1 race, the United Kingdom - with 163 - has had more participants than any other country (David Davies/PA) Monza has staged more grands prix (68) than any other country.
China was also a welcome good result for Verstappen's team mate Pierre Gasly, who held on to the sixth place where he had qualified on Saturday. Majority were anxious about missing out on their final runs due to the approaching end of the Q3.
Both the 21-year-old, third in the morning, and Vettel are running a new control electronics package on their power units as a precaution against a repeat of the engine problems that denied Leclerc his maiden win at the Sakhir desert track.
"Max was in a good position and then Sebastian passed him around the outside and then he hung back not to get into Sebastian's dirty air and the Renaults passed him and he hung back again", he told Sky Sports television.
But Vettel did not see the situation in the same way, arguing that he needed to overtake Verstappen for his own qualifying chances.
"I'm definitely more involved with Formula 1 now".
Verstappen was raging though.
There's Mercedes who can be blamed for going too slow in order to push the cars behind them too far back to make it to the start line before time expired. A ton has occurred in the just about seven decades since F1's first season, however astonishingly two groups that contended in those days are as yet present today: Alfa Romeo and Ferrari.
Ferrari arrived in China as favourites after looking dominant in Bahrain, a race they would have won but for a late engine problem that hit Charles Leclerc's vehicle while leading, and with plenty of straight line speed.
Vettel is Ferrari's main man, Binotto said. As a result, the requirements from the vehicle and driver in terms of tyre management can shift depending on whether they are running the soft or the medium/hard. "Doesn't matter if it's the thousandth or two thousandth or ten thousandth, it's an irrelevant figure for me".
- US Justice Department expects to release Russia report Thursday
- Pete Buttigieg in third behind Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders in Iowa poll
- 'World's biggest plane' Stratolaunch completes first flight
- The Masters: Complete player earnings, prize money from victor to 50th
- 'It Was Fantastic': Dirk Nowitzki Scores 20 in Career Finale
- Tottenham confirm 'significant' Kane ligament injury
- WhatsApp, Facebook And Instagram Down For Many Users Around The World
- PSN ID Name Changes Are Finally Coming Today
- National Basketball Association playoffs 2019: Western Conference first-round previews, predictions
- Nicklaus major record in play again for Woods