He also helped Liverpool reach the UEFA Champions League final, which they lost to Real Madrid, and his side is now sitting top of the Premier League table with only four games to go. You've got Salah, Virgil van Dijk at the back, talk of the goalkeeper and the impact these players have had with Liverpool going for a first title in nearly 30 years.
For most people it's a straight fight between City's Raheem Sterling and Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk.
After a run of four losses in five games in all competitions Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was relieved to have, rather fortunately, picked up a win against West Ham United on Saturday.
But there is a growing feeling at Anfield that this will be the season Liverpool finally end their 29-year wait to be crowned kings of English football.
The shut-out against the Blues meant Van Dijk, and presumably others at the back, are due a £375,000 bonus allied in their contracts - and the stats suggest they have more than earned it.
However the Dutchman doesn't believe anyone can take that title.
Sadio Mane says that he wants to stay at Liverpool amidst interest from the Spanish giants Real Madrid.
There had been a lot of talk from outside the club that Salah was struggling slightly this season but he has come up with two outstanding goals in the last two league matches to silence the critics once more.
"The performance was really good but to really make it happen you need the goals and we got them, all good".
Ever since the Dutch global joined the Reds last season, he has been a stalwart in defence and now many players can boast going past the big man during the current season. "I've tried to do that since day one and it's been going all right".
"I think now he's the best player in the world", said Trpisovsky.
The German added: "The biggest challenge for us is always facing the world outside. But, basically, that's it". Slavia are at the summit of the Czech top flight, and are set for a second league title in three seasons.
Speaking of women's equality, that's what the USWNT is looking to do after filing an equal pay lawsuit before this summer's World Cup in France.
- Kings, Luke Walton Agree to Terms on Multi-Year Deal
- National Basketball Association playoffs 2019: Western Conference first-round previews, predictions
- It's the first to globally release a foldable phone — Samsung did it
- Ocasio-Cortez: Joe Biden Running for President Doesn't 'Animate Me'
- Chelsea Fans Denied Entry To Europa League Game Over Salah Chants
- Nicklaus major record in play again for Woods
- Stanley Cup 2019: Toronto Maple Leafs' Nazem Kadri facing suspension
- Khloé Kardashian threw daughter True the birthday party of your childhood dreams
- Sebastian Vettel tops first practice in China
- Sudan's military rulers fire top chief prosecutor, aids