In a seminal week for Arsenal's hopes in the Premier League and on the continent, they travel to Naples, in the foothills of Mount Vesuvius, hoping to avoid a seismic shock of their own.
"We played the first leg at home and we won", Emery told a news conference yesterday.
Napoli knew the extent of their task, but their frustration became apparent fairly quickly, and they quickly resorted to petty fouls and appealing for penalties that were never going to be given. "I think we can qualify". We are two points clear of United and have one less game than Chelsea, and we are only one point behind Tottenham.
Deeney's early dismissal should have been enough to ensure Arsenal collected a rare away win but Watford were the better team throughout and hit the woodwork twice as the FA Cup finalists chased a deserved equaliser.
Xhaka spoke after the game about the performance and what this result could mean in the grand scheme of things.
Even if Emery feels it best to try to take some of the sting out of the occasion, it is obvious the most effective way of doing this would be to score an away goal.
Carlo Ancelotti's side are second in Serie A but they are trailing champions Juventus by 17 points with six games remaining.
Petr Cech denied the ex-Real Madrid forward before Milik fluffed his lines from a close-range header - misses Napoli would regret shortly after the abrupt conclusion to what might prove Ramsey's last Arsenal appearance.
"They've proved they're a quality team and are second in Serie A. From a few years back, we know they're tough to play against and it will be a hard place to go to".
With big games coming every few days, Emery was able to welcome back Switzerland worldwide Granit Xhaka for his first club appearance in over a month.
Emery added "We were working to push the goalkeeper when he wanted to play like he was playing. We must play with courage". "If we believe in ourselves to the very end we can pull off something really great". They did not look overawed at all.
- Favreau gives 'Star Wars' fans 1st look at 'The Mandalorian'
- More than 100 climate change activists arrested for blocking London roads
- Russell Wilson Signs 4 Year, $140 Million Extension With Seahawks
- Spire collapses as huge fire engulfs Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Stanley Cup 2019: Toronto Maple Leafs' Nazem Kadri facing suspension
- Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral fire prompts $1 billion in donations
- Sadio Mane or Mohamed Salah? Jamie Carragher picks most important Liverpool player
- Pochettino: Spurs can defy odds to upset 'favourites' Man City
- OnePlus 7 Series Smartphones May Launch On May 14th Globally
- National Basketball Association play-offs: Los Angeles Clippers stun Golden State Warriors with record comeback