"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has played down Democratic victories in districts such as her own and that of Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, fending off calls from some of the party's newer members and politicians to shift leftward".
President Donald Trump lashed out at Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Twitter following a CBS 60 Minutes interview during which she recounted standing up to him and reiterated her opinion that he is unfit for office and he knows it.
"One of the complaints we've heard is that you don't reach across the aisle", Stahl said.
"But when we have to go into the districts that we have to win, we have to cull that with which we have most in common with these people", Pelosi said, adding that Democrats have to show Americans they have their back.
The Speaker is specifically asked about the Democrat's progressive caucus that includes the outspoken 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's, D-Calif., "old exhausted privileged ways are over", said left-wing activist and filmmaker Michael Moore.
Trump took aim at Pelosi again on Monday morning, asserting that she had "lost all control of Congress" and that she is under the "control" of freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.
Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib, and Omar all represent a new progressive wing of the Democratic Party that is calling for Medicare for all, free college tuition, and a more forceful response to fight climate change.
Though Pelosi said she is not a socialist, the House speaker said she believes she's still a progressive lawmaker.
Almost 70 Democrats have been voting in tandem with Rep.
Omar repeatedly has pushed fellow Democrats into uncomfortable territory with comments about Israel and the strength of the Jewish state's influence in Washington.
"Now, I'm a liberal from San Francisco", she said.
"Those are districts that are solidly Democratic - this glass of whatever would win with a D next to its name in those districts", said the Speaker after picking up a glass off a coffee table.
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Pochettino: Spurs can defy odds to upset 'favourites' Man City
- Netflix can’t wait to compete against Apple and Disney
- Anti-vax moms sue NYC as U.S. heads toward record measles spread
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- United must do ‘clever business’ to compete with European elite - Solskjaer
- Woman made threats against Columbine High School, FBI says
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Opening Credits Explained