The state Health Department won't release identifying information other than to say the patient is in East Tennessee.
A second case of measles has been confirmed in northeast Iowa.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there have been 555 cases of measles in the USA this year from January 1 to April 11.
The ministry confirmed that there have been 18 cases of measles in Luxembourg in this year. We want to take this opportunity to reiterate the position articulated by the OU and RCA regarding the vital importance of timely vaccinations for all of our children in order to prevent the spread of disease. Teens and adults should check with their doctors to make sure they are protected against measles. It turns out about 98% of people who were born before 1957 are immune. That person was also unvaccinated and had recently returned from Israel.
Measles cases in Maryland have been localized to a small geographic area within zip codes 21208, 21209 and 21215.
"To slow down the measles outbreak in NY, government leaders have issued a "State of Emergency" in Rockland County and issued a 'Commissioner's Order", threatening to close private schools and/or issue $1,000 fines.
Measles is an acute, highly contagious and viral disease, according to the Department of Health.
Measles is easily preventable with the safe and effective MMR vaccine. No cases have been reported this year in Alabama. Anyone who believes they or a loved one has measles symptoms should call first before going to a health care facility to keep others from being exposed.
The measles outbreak has now spread to 20 states.
For those at risk of exposure, symptoms of measles, which include high fever, cough, runny nose, spots in the mouth or throat, and a red rash on the face or body, could appear until May 6.
But in recent years, amid worldwide measles outbreaks and an anti-vaccine movement - sustained, in part, by fraudulent research that purported to show a link between autism and a preservative used in vaccines - the numbers have spiked.
- More than 100 climate change activists arrested for blocking London roads
- Stanley Cup 2019: Toronto Maple Leafs' Nazem Kadri facing suspension
- United must do ‘clever business’ to compete with European elite - Solskjaer
- Juventus shares plunge after Champions League exit
- Anti-vax moms sue NYC as U.S. heads toward record measles spread
- Directors ask Marvel fans not to spoil 'Avengers: Endgame'
- It's the first to globally release a foldable phone — Samsung did it
- Blue Jackets advance after sweep of mighty Lightning
- A champions League spot is in our hands, Emery
- At least 28 killed on tourist bus — Madeira crash