Clattenburg told DailyMail: "The officials were right to disallow Raheem Sterling's stoppage-time goal for Manchester City - and this was a great night for VAR. I am pro the basis and trying to help the referees and maybe one year ago I was a little bit anxious", he said. "We scored the goals that we needed".
So, instead of television studios discussing how Sergio Aguero had been offside before he crossed to Sterling to complete a famous hat-trick and rather than Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino trying to watch his words while lamenting such an injustice, VAR ensured the correct decision was eventually made. "We are so happy". "'Just when you thought you couldn't have any more heart attacks today, ' was another offering and 'I have no finger nails", summed up the rollercoaster of emotions.
Declaring "that is why we love football", the Argentinian said: "It was unbelievable, the way it finished".
Guardiola sprinted to celebrate and the Etihad went wild, but VAR had one more card to play.
"It is an unbelievable semi-final for us and we know it is a top team to beat".
Saturday's edition of the same newspaper takes a look at the possibilities around whether or not the north London club will sell the 27-year-old, if they go on to win the Champions League. Sport always gives you the possibility to beat teams that no one thinks we are capable of [beating]. Football is not only about talent but also belief. This team has such strong mentality that all is possible. That is a massive achievement for us.
The Danish worldwide told BT Sport: "I think I must be one of the luckiest guys on the planet today".
In a scintillating game at the Etihad Stadium, City took the lead in the third minute through Raheem Sterling's brilliant curling shot, but 17 minutes later, there had been four more goals- a record in a UCL game.
"We know Liverpool are probably winning all their games, so we have to win all our games", Silva added.
It is Spurs who march on, with a semifinal looming against Ajax - a tie they will expect to win, even without Kane and Son (the latter will miss the first leg through suspension).
"I was thinking it's offside, to be honest".
- Enhanced Risk for severe weather — FIRST ALERT WEATHER
- Russia dismisses Mueller report, 'it shows no reasonable proof' of Russian meddling
- Pochettino: Spurs can defy odds to upset 'favourites' Man City
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Brooklyn Nets Prediction, Preview, and Odds
- Journalist Lyra McKee shot dead in night of violence in Derry
- Facebook working on voice assistant to rival Amazon’s Alexa
- Anti-vax moms sue NYC as U.S. heads toward record measles spread
- Thunder Vs. Trail Blazers Live Stream
- Should CJI be sitting in the bench to hear case against him? .
- Full 'Pink Moon' will rise in the night sky this Easter