Anders Holch Povlsen's children were visiting Sri Lanka over the Easter holiday. According to the New York Times, he is also the largest landowner in Scotland.
However, spokesman Jesper Stubkier gave no details to the Associated Press in an emailed response to a query on the matter and said the company had no further comment.
Earlier, Sri Lanka's foreign ministry said in a statement that five British citizens, including two with dual US-UK nationalities, had been killed.
Danish billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen has confirmed that three of his four young children died in the atrocity. A senior investigator said on Monday that seven suicide bombers had taken part in the attacks.
The Guardian reported in March that Povlsen and wife Anne Storm Pedersen bought a string of historic estates in Scotland and now own an estimated 200,000 acres, which they plan to re-wild to its original state.
The vast majority of the victims were Sri Lankan, many of them Christians who were worshiping at churches in three different cities when bomb blasts at around 8:45 a.m. splintered pews and collapsed ceilings. Some 500 people have been reported injured and, according to media reports, some 24 people have been arrested.
Authorities say they believe 36 foreign nationals are among the dead, with most still unidentified at a Colombo mortuary. "It appears as if the entirety of Sri Lanka has been targeted as well as the unity and coexistence that Sri Lankans have attempted so hard to safeguard over the years".
- Europa League: Arsenal, Chelsea, Valencia, Eintracht Frankfurt advance to semifinals
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Google to let Android users in EU choose browsers
- Pinterest prices IPO at $19 to begin trading Thursday
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Ocasio-Cortez says she will sign Trump impeachment resolution
- Attorney General Barr to Release Redacted Mueller Report
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- JUST IN: Ukraine’s Poroshenko concedes defeat, congratulates comedian
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester