I can't really blame the man. Woods had one of the greatest downfalls in all of sports after his marriage collapsed in epic fashion, and he didn't win a single major event for over a decade.
Can you believe it?
In an interview with The Washington Post, the three players talked about how they felt after the wave of ups and downs to get to see Woods.
The NBA legend (who knows a little bit about staging a comeback) said the 43-year-old golfer pulled off the best one "I've ever seen", telling The Athletic, "I took two years off to play baseball, but nothing like that". "It's a painful day for William Hill - our biggest loss ever - but a great day for golf". We had no reason to believe that he would. "He didn't think he'd get back physically".
His fourth back surgery also led to an addiction to prescription drugs that resulted in Woods being arrested in Florida in May 2017 while asleep at the wheel of his auto, before he completed "intensive" rehab. Would it happen? We could only hope. It was reminiscent of Jack Nicklaus in 1986, which is another moment I'll never forget. He scored 55 points against the New York Knicks in his fifth game back in 1995, and, although he and the Chicago Bulls lost in the playoffs that year, they went on to win three straight National Basketball Association titles.
Watching Woods hug his son and daughter after his victory was a sign that he has changed.
It was about the same time the most serious of a series of surgeries began for Woods. And, he has worked his way back to becoming a major champion.
He was spotted mouthing "I love you" towards Herman after winning the Ryder Cup a year ago, sending fans into a frenzy.
On championship Sunday we wear red and although he was only two shots off the lead entering the day, Tiger Woods made shots that catapulted him to the top until he was far enough ahead that ESPN deemed it close enough to ping all of its subscribers that something special was about to happen.
Daly feels it is inevitable that Tiger will eclipse Nicklaus' 18 major wins. On that Sunday afternoon, I just happened to be Reno, Nevada on vacation with friends Sarah Stockwell and Justin Pothier.
Woods has always embraced the spotlight, and he is going to receive plenty of attention in the coming months.
- Flames exit playoffs after loss in Game 5 to Colorado
- JUST IN: Ukraine’s Poroshenko concedes defeat, congratulates comedian
- Arsenal vs. Crystal Palace - Football Match Report
- HBO Having None Of Donald Trump's "Game Of Thrones" Meme
- North Korea test-fires new weapon
- Notre Dame fire: Pope joins Paris in sorrow, Vatican offers technical expertise
- House Judiciary Committee chair says he will subpoena for full Mueller report
- Sanders defends herself over Mueller report revelation
- Muslims had warned officials about group behind Sri Lanka attacks
- Trump's Furious At Underlings Who Made Him Look Bad In Mueller Report