President George W. Bush and Mrs Bush made a State Visit in November 2003.
Her government wants a lucrative post-Brexit trade deal with the US and sees Trump, who has promised one, as a useful vehicle to achieve that.
President Trump with Queen Elizabeth II, inspects the Guard of Honour at Windsor Castle in Windsor, England, in July 2018.
The Queen has hosted two state visits from U.S. presidents: George W Bush in 2003 and Barack Obama in 2011.
Trump and May will hold talks in London and take part in an event to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day, which saw massive allied landings in mainland Europe in one of the turning points of World War II.
Mr Trump is a controversial figure and confirmation of the trip was condemned by shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry, who said the president had "systematically assaulted all the shared values that unite our two countries".
Royal Central will bring you the latest details of the State Visit as they come through as well as full coverage of the event when President Trump arrives in the United Kingdom on June 3rd 2019.
"While in France, the President will participate in a bilateral meeting with President Emmanuel Macron to reinforce continued close cooperation on our shared economic and security interests", the White House said in a statement.
But as the constitutional Monarch and Head of State, it falls to the Queen to lead the country's welcome on a State Visit.
On that occasion, tens of thousands of demonstrators flooded the streets of central London to protest his presence, flying a six-metre high balloon depicting Mr Trump as a screaming baby.
One person wrote on Twitter: "Trump already embarrassing us and he's not even there yet". During that time, mass protests were organized and the Baby Trump blimp debuted.
After leaving Britain, Trump will travel to Normandy in northern France as a guest of President Emmanuel Macron to attend ceremonies at the Normandy American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, which contains the graves of 9,380 USA service members.
- Muslims had warned officials about group behind Sri Lanka attacks
- Airport in Libya's Tripoli Re-opens
- Flames exit playoffs after loss in Game 5 to Colorado
- Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt, free public college
- Danish billionaire loses three children in Sri Lanka attacks
- Sanders defends herself over Mueller report revelation
- North Face climbers presumed dead in Banff area avalanche
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Philippines natural disaster : Five deaths reported on Luzon
- That Arya Scene Has People Freaking Out