One man was reportedly pulled out alive from the supermarket's rubble on Tuesday morning, to cheers from onlookers.
At the same time, the toll in Monday's quake rose to 16, with most of the fatalities in the worst-hit northern province of Pampanga, national disaster officials said.
Porac mayor Condralito Dela Cruz said the natural disaster was the most intense the town had ever experienced.
A resident looks at the rubble of St. Catherine church on Tuesday, including the toppled head of a statue, following a 6.1 magnitude quake in Pampanga province northwest of Manila the previous day. The leg of one of the two survivors had to be amputated to extricate him, Porac Councilor Maynard Lapid said, adding that at least eight trapped people could be heard pleading for help at one point.
A child died in a landslide in nearby Zambales province, officials said.
Seismologists put the tremor at 6.3 initially but subsequently downgraded it to a 6.1 magnitude.
At least 24 people remained missing in the rice-growing agricultural region, majority in the rubble of the collapsed supermarket in Porac, while 81 others were injured, according to the government's disaster-response agency.
All flights at the Clark International Airport have been cancelled and the airport will be closed for 24 hours due to the damage to the building.
The magnitude 6.1 quake hit at about 17:11 local time (09:11 GMT) on Monday, the Philippines Institute of Volcanology and Seismology reports.
Thousands of people were lining the major streets of Makati City and other business districts in Pasig and Taguig after many buildings ordered evacuation.
At least 52 aftershocks have been recorded. Many described the ground movement as rolling "sea waves", the Associated Press reported.
The Philippines is part of the Pacific Ring of Fire, an arc of intense seismic activity that stretches from Japan through South East Asia and across the Pacific basin to the United States, Mexico and South America.
A magnitude 7.7 quake killed almost 2,000 people in the northern Philippines in 1990.
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Sanders defends herself over Mueller report revelation
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Samsung delays folding phone launch after breaking issues
- Lyra McKee shooting: two teenagers arrested in connection with killing of journalist
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Danish billionaire loses three children in Sri Lanka attacks
- Giuliani To Romney: ‘Stop This Pious Act’
- Trump's Furious At Underlings Who Made Him Look Bad In Mueller Report