"Some of you will be very supportive of our meeting [with] the president, and some of you might feel we shouldn't take this meeting at all", Dorsey writes. So how'd it go?
The upbeat tone of Trump's tweet represented a reversal of tone from the one he'd conveyed just hours before, on Tuesday morning, when he used his personal Twitter account criticize the tech giant.
During the period, Twitter continued to make much-needed product improvements, including the launch of a public prototype app created to boost healthy conversations. "Thanks for the discussion about that". A significant portion of their meeting, the source said, focused on Trump's concerns that Twitter had quietly removed some of his 60 million followers. "Trump said he had heard from fellow conservatives who had lost followers as well".
"Trump has raised these same accusations against Twitter in the past, including in October when he said that they had "stifled growth" and in July 2016 when he accused the company of "'SHADOW BANNING' prominent Republicans". This get-together seems timely considering Trump blasted Twitter for being "discriminatory" earlier that day. "Very discriminatory", he said, and called for "more, and fairer, companies", in an apparent reference to USA lawmakers' interest in regulating tech companies.
Monetisable daily active users or mDAU rose to 134 million in the first quarter, up 12% from a year ago, Twitter said.
Democratic U.S. Senator Mazie Hirono said earlier this month: "We can not allow the Republican party to harass tech companies into weakening content moderation policies that already fail to remove hateful, unsafe and misleading content". There is also no evidence to suggest that Twitter is "constantly taking people off list", as Trump argued.
"I don't think the stock can get out of its own way until they come clean and report the same metrics everyone else does". When he testified on Capitol Hill past year, Dorsey said Twitter "does not use political ideology to make any decisions, whether related to ranking content on our service or how we enforce our rules".
A Twitter spokesperson offered more information on which topics were discussed: "Jack had a constructive meeting with the President of the United States today at the president's invitation".
"We are taking an even more proactive approach to reducing abuse on Twitter and its effects", the company stated.
- Tesla gears up for fully self-driving cars amid skepticism
- Donald Trump in Queen blunder as he announces United Kingdom state visit
- Samsung investigates broken Galaxy Fold
- The Trump-Adjusted Supreme Court Appears Ready to Uphold 2020 Citizenship Question
- U.S. denies possessing advance intel on Sri Lanka bombings
- Giuliani To Romney: ‘Stop This Pious Act’
- Muslims had warned officials about group behind Sri Lanka attacks
- Samsung delays folding phone launch after breaking issues
- Philippines natural disaster : Five deaths reported on Luzon
- Sanders defends herself over Mueller report revelation