The Duchess of Cambridge took just five weeks off after giving birth to Prince George in 2013 and four months off after Princess Charlotte was born in 2015.
Royah Nikkhah, who co-wrote the article for the Sunday Times, told CBS News' Imtiaz Tyab, "There's no doubt that Harry and Meghan want a bit of freedom from the U.S. They want a little bit from freedom from the institution".
The exact due date of Meghan's baby has never been revealed by Kensington Palace, but the Duchess shared some details regarding her pregnancy during a royal engagement in mid-January, which led many to think the baby will be due by the end of this month.
Harry, 34, is also taking paternity leave but it is not known how much.
Prince Louis just turned one! The queen has spoken about that as being among the happiest years of her life. "At the moment, this is very speculative".
The source stressed that a long-term foreign posting was unlikely, but that something along the lines of an extended royal visit would be more appropriate.
As per the report, Prince Harry's advisers have been looking into "bespoke" roles for the young royal couple in Africa, that would see them promote Great Britain on behalf of the Commonwealth while also working for overseas charities related to causes close to their hearts. It's an invaluable chance to be on the ground and do some hands-on conservation work, rather than undertake the "traditional" royal tour model.
It should be noted that Meghan Markle has had more than enough media attention when it comes to baby Sussex, but the expectations for its arrival are quite different from any of William and Kate's children.
Buckingham Palace at the weekend: "Any future plans for the duke and duchess are speculative at this stage". However, a new report is claiming that Meghan Markle is actually bucking tradition for a different reason, and it's one that has made Queen Elizabeth furious.
- Seoul Hopes N. Korea-Russia Summit Can Contribute to Denuclearization
- Trump holds meeting with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey at the White House
- Donald Trump in Queen blunder as he announces United Kingdom state visit
- Leafs face another long summer of second-guessing after devastating Game 7 loss
- Klopp responds to Guardiola: 'Only one team will be champion'
- Joe Biden best placed Democrat to beat Trump
- Osundairo Brothers File Federal Defamation Lawsuit Against Jussie Smollett's Attorneys
- That Arya Scene Has People Freaking Out
- Flames exit playoffs after loss in Game 5 to Colorado
- Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un meet for the first time