The Marvel film has become the fastest movie to make $100 million - it took 17 hours to cross the mark while Disney's Stars Wars: The Force Awakens took 21 hours to achieve the feat. "Infinity War" made $39 million for its preview showings a year ago before going on to have the highest-grossing opening weekend in history at $258 million.
With nearly 80-85% occupancy, Avengers Endgame surpassed opening day occupancy records for Baahubali, boxofficeindia said in another report. Early trends on our platform indicate that Avengers: Endgame will break all box office records for a Hollywood film in India. The bigger question is whether or not Endgame will reach the vaunted $300 million mark on its opening weekend.
"The Conclusion" held the top spot at the box-office with an opening at Rs 122 crore across India (including multi-lingual dubbed releases).
The previous record holder was "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" which earned $57 million from Thursday previews in 2015, though "Avengers: Endgame" was shown in more theaters. In India, as per Box Office India, the movie collected this much. "Endgame" had the biggest opening day in China, the world's second largest movie market. The pace at which tickets have been selling for the film is extraordinary, as the blockbuster apparently sold five times as many tickets in its first week than the number of passes that were sold for Avengers: Infinity War this time a year ago. Additionally, with its #DontSpoilTheEndgame campaign, Disney and Marvel ensured that fans wouldn't want to hesitate to check out the latest MCU film.
"Avengers: Endgame" is opening in every other global market this weekend except Russian Federation. Online ticket booking website BookMyShow sold a record-holding one million tickets within a day of advance booking that commenced last Saturday.
Endgame also looks likely to crush the Friday gross with an estimated whopping $140 million, which includes the Thursday numbers. It is helmed by Russo Brothers Joe and Anthony.
- Brent Oil Hits Near Six-Month High above $75
- U.S. denies possessing advance intel on Sri Lanka bombings
- Trump holds meeting with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey at the White House
- Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un meet for the first time
- Amazon plans to slash delivery times
- The first Marsquake has been detected
- Russian Federation offers quick citizenship in Ukraine's separatist area
- Samsung investigates broken Galaxy Fold
- 'Game of Thrones' Director on Upcoming Battle: 'This Is Survival Horror'
- Joe Biden best placed Democrat to beat Trump