It's the continuation of the opening round of the playoffs as a pair of teams from the Pacific Division meet in the City of Angels.
The Houston Rockets are traveling to the San Francisco Bay Area ahead of a potential Game 1 at Oracle Arena against the Golden State Warriors.
The Western Conference was extremely tight all season long and the only thing that stood between a two seed for the current four-seeded Rockets was one win.
But the Warriors - all of them, their best shooters - missed badly on good looks and could not defend the way they typically do to generate that sensational transition game.
Golden State trailed 71-63 at halftime despite making 10 of 16 3s but allowed Los Angeles to shoot 56%, and the Clippers finished at 54.1%.
The Clippers are 22-19 on the road. A blown 31-point lead at home? They're up 3-2 still.
But the Clippers, facing elimination, dominated the remainder of the game, triggered by Williams' 3-pointer on which he was fouled by Durant. With the Game 5 survival, Houston is in the conference semis for the 3rd-straight season. He produced 45 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists.
Tennant contends Walton attacked her when he was an assistant coach for the Golden State Warriors, which was from 2014 to 2016. "They've been pesky. They've been tough, but now it's time to do what we do". Golden State is 2 with 13.4 triples a night while the team is 2 by sinking 41.1 percent of their attempts from beyond the arc.
Game 5 belonged to Beverley (17 points and four assists, along with 14 rebounds) and Williams (33 points, 10 assists, and five turnovers). Royce O'Neale came off the bench to lead the visiting team with 18 points. Against a high-scoring Clippers team, he's helped clog the interior and has demonstrated more discipline DeMarcus Cousins (out for year with quad injury) ever did. He's also had to juggle his rotation and go with smaller lineups more often than anticipated.
No one is surprised that Capela and the Rockets are ready and eager to play the Warriors. Game 4 belonged to Klay Thompson and Durant.
Game 7 is Saturday in Denver, where the Nuggets had the league's best home record during the regular season.
The Clippers know they will need big scoring games from Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell and Danilo Gallinari to stay in touch with the Warriors and keep the series alive.
- Nintendo Switch Online at 9.8 Million Accounts, ‘Tetris 99’ Popular
- Meghan Markle to take three months maternity leave after royal baby arrival
- Raptors and Sixers will put many friendships aside for playoff battle
- Seoul Hopes N. Korea-Russia Summit Can Contribute to Denuclearization
- Champions League: What I'll do against Liverpool - Barcelona's Suarez
- Amazon plans to slash delivery times
- Brent Oil Hits Near Six-Month High above $75
- Giants Fans Lose Their Minds After G-Men Draft Daniel Jones at No
- U.S. denies possessing advance intel on Sri Lanka bombings
- Brendon Urie to open Billboard Music Awards with Taylor Swift