To accommodate demand, the Walt Disney Co. released "Endgame" in more theaters than any opening before.
"Endgame" was just as enormous overseas.
The $350 million domestic take surpassed the record "Avengers: Infinity War" set a year ago, at $257.6 million.
"Avengers: Endgame" is expected to surpass it. The tally, which obviously positions "Endgame" as a dominant #1 at this weekend's box office, obliterates the previous opening weekend record of $257.7 million. It's an opening weekend that beat the last Avengers film, Avengers: Infinity War, by more than $100 million.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted on Sunday: "'Avengers: "Endgame' is rewriting record books.
In India, it had the biggest opening for a non-Indian film, and the second best for any movie, ever, and grossed over $7.6 million on the first day itself.
"We're just blown away by the support of the fans who want to see it so quickly, so early", said Greg Mason, Disney Canada's vice-president of marketing.
Meanwhile, a new fan theory highlights another potential issue with the film's ending. Avengers: Endgame Movie Spikes Porn Searches for "XXX" Sex Videos of Captain Marvel and Black Widow. Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe films comprise Spider-Man: Far From Home on July 5th. "That we've had so many other successes in this journey leading to this unbelievable result with 'Avengers: Endgame" has been nearly entirely due to the fans around the world who have supported us through it all. Marvel is a giant universe of storytelling.
"Avengers: Endgame" has been directed by the Russo brothers - Joe and Anthony and features an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr, Brie Larson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson, among others.
"Avengers: Endgame" topped domestic box office records left-and-right.
The movie picked up after an epic cliffhanger at end of "Infinity War", when many beloved Marvel superheroes appeared to turn to dust.
"This will extend to the small screen as well with Disney + on the horizon", Dergarabedian said.
According to box office analytics site Webedia Movies Pro, it is estimated that 77% of screenings at all theaters nationwide are of "Endgame", and the film is accounting for 90% of this weekend's box office grosses.
- Amazon plans to slash delivery times
- Warriors Look More Vulnerable Than Ever After Game 5 Loss to Clippers
- Fortnite: Thanos returns to wreak havoc in Fortnite to celebrate Avengers: Endgame
- Woman dead, three injured after California synagogue shooting
- Giants Fans Lose Their Minds After G-Men Draft Daniel Jones at No
- Avengers: Endgame topples Star Wars record, grosses $457m in first two days
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Have Visited Meghan at Frogmore Cottage
- The Cardinals Traded 2018 First-Round Pick Josh Rosen To The Dolphins
- Meghan Markle to take three months maternity leave after royal baby arrival
- Raptors and Sixers will put many friendships aside for playoff battle