The man in United States police custody over the shooting at a synagogue near San Diego, allegedly made reference to the Christchurch terror attack in an online post shortly before the attack in California on Saturday (NZT Sunday).
Passover, one of the holiest Jewish celebrations of the year, ends Saturday.
Several lawmakers also responded to the shooting, which took place at Chabad of Poway.
One person had died and three have been injured in a shooting at a synagogue in Poway, near San Diego, California.
Almost 100 people were attending the synagogue to celebrate the final day of Passover, an eight-day holiday that commemorates the liberation of the Israelites from slavery in ancient Egypt.
"The irony is people will be saying it for her now", Lev, director of emergency operations at San Diego's Scripps Mercy Hospital, told the paper. That attack happened exactly six months today.
A gunman walked into a San Diego-area synagogue crowded with Sabbath worshippers on Saturday and opened fire with an assault-style rifle, killing one woman inside and wounding three others on the last day of Passover. The suspect escaped, fleeing the scene by vehicle, which was struck by a bullet.
"Please say a prayer for the victim and those who are in need of recovery including our colleague Chabad Rabbi "Yisroel ben Chana Priva" Goldstein and the other victims of the shooting".
Several media outlets reported that the synagogue's rabbi was shot in the hand but continued to help members of his congregation and the suspect, though police declined to confirm those accounts. "We're looking into digital evidence and checking the authenticity of an online manifesto", the department said in a tweet.
Authorities in Poway, California said the extent of the injuries was unclear.
A 19-year-old man was taken into custody, authorities confirmed on Twitter.
He said an autopsy would be performed on the deceased victim to determine the exact cause of death.
The Congregation Chabad synagogue shooting was the second mass shooting to occur at a US synagogue within the past six months.
Poway's Palomar Medical Center received four patients from the shooting according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Get push notifications with news, features and more.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families during this extremely hard time. God bless you all.
- Champions League: What I'll do against Liverpool - Barcelona's Suarez
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Amazon plans to slash delivery times
- 'Game of Thrones' Director on Upcoming Battle: 'This Is Survival Horror'
- Avengers: Endgame topples Star Wars record, grosses $457m in first two days
- Why Vikings fans should be excited about Garrett Bradbury
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Raptors and Sixers will put many friendships aside for playoff battle
- The Cardinals Traded 2018 First-Round Pick Josh Rosen To The Dolphins
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury