Google has begun purging the Play Store of apps made by DO Global, a Chinese firm that makes Android apps and is partially backed by Baidu, after a BuzzFeed News report indicated it was committing massive ad fraud. First, DO Global wasn't listed as the developer for most of these apps but used a U.S. parent company for publishing on the Play Store, making users believe they were installing an American product.
In Jan 2018, Google removed over 60 games after Check Point found a malicious bug in the app that displayed porn ads. The search giant is further stretching out the boycott to the Internet ad's items showing up on Android too. The developer claims to have more than 250 million monthly active users for its apps, and the ability to reach 800 million users through its ad platform. In the midst of day to day routine life, she finds her peace in reading and painting. As part of the work, Google has introduced "Move Minutes" that are calculated and earned based on activities include walking, yoga, or even general day-to-day chores. The Baidu-owned developer was found to be generating fake ad clicks to gain revenue, among other illegal practices. Before being caught in the click fraud scheme, the developer had around 100 apps with over 600 million installs between them. Google's removal of the apps is one of the largest bans it has ever instituted against a developer.
"We take our responsibility to ensure clients and advertisers seriously, and put resources into tools and assets to fight fraud and abuse globally". It was reported that the ad-supported app was automatically clicking on its own ads on behalf of users. At least, we hope that Google will tell us more about your next "pixels", because while all the information online about them says that practically nothing in comparison with the previous generation will not change.
With the growing fake apps and the scandals of compromised users of data, Google is getting more serious and deleting Apps that do not meet its policies or are indulged in any type of fraud. But look for yourself, these are the six removed apps: Selfie Camera, Total Cleaner, Smart Cooler, RAM Master, AIO Flashlight, and Omni Cleaner. It concluded by offering honest apologies. It remains to be seen if and when the company will be able to return to doing business on Google Play.
- Who's alive and who's dead after Game of Thrones' Battle of Winterfell
- Warriors Look More Vulnerable Than Ever After Game 5 Loss to Clippers
- Thiem dethrones 11-time champion Nadal to reach Barcelona final
- Facebook rolls out massive redesign with a major focus on groups
- 'The moment is now': Venezuela's Juan Guaido calls for military uprising
- Bottas determined to bury Baku misery with victory
- Damian Lillard Says There’s Nothing Personal Between Him And Russell Westbrook
- Rayo shouldn't have got penalty, says AS resident ref — Real Madrid
- Fan Slapper Neymar Claims PSG Teammates 'Lack More Ear Than Mouth'
- Indian army claims it found 'Yeti' footprints on recent mountaineering trip