The nearly three-minute clip sees the army team up with Dr Robotnik (played by Jim Carrey) to take on Sonic and his friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden).
Glimpses of Vancouver Island can be seen in the trailer, including what appears to be a chase scene filmed on Highway 19A near Bowser. But with speeds of 760 miles per hour and a producer from the Fast & Furious, I'm suspicious that Sonic is really just out here trying to become part of Dominic Toretto's family. The two characters will apparently be working together to stop Dr. Robotnik's plans for world domination, with Jim Carrey taking on the role of Sonic's age-old nemesis.
The Week also thought Sonic's teeth were off putting. Watch the trailer above.
Perhaps it wouldn't look as creepy if Sonic's design had been more cute and compact, like Detective Pikachu who looks super cuddly in spite of his manly voice.
Sonic The Hedgehog will release in the United States on November 8.
As you'd expect, the trailer is a bit of a cringe-fest, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Sonic has white hands. Why?!
Get push notifications with news, features and more.
Another cried, "It's somehow worse than I can imagine".
Sonic The Hedgehog is the directorial debut from Jeff Fowler.
Based on the iconic video game character, the movie uses CGI to make the character come alive, but some Twitter users can only focus on this dude's mouth.
- Oscar-nominated director John Singleton dies at 51
- Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by seven wickets
- Latest Poll Proves Devastating for Trump - but Also for American Democracy
- Thiem dethrones 11-time champion Nadal to reach Barcelona final
- Manchester United Tried To Hijack Virgil Van Dijk’s Liverpool Move
- ISIS Leader Appears in Video for First Time in 5 Years
- Indian army claims it found 'Yeti' footprints on recent mountaineering trip
- Rayo shouldn't have got penalty, says AS resident ref — Real Madrid
- #LeakPeek: How will camera on iPhone 11 series look like
- Facebook rolls out massive redesign with a major focus on groups