The FBI and Los Angeles Department announced Monday that they had arrested a person who planned a terror attack at a political rally in Long Beach, California over the weekend.
The intended massacre would be similar to the one on the Las Vegas Strip.
Another attack would give "them a taste of the terror they gladly spread all over the world", Domingo said, according to the April 27 complaint.
The family of a U.S. Army veteran suspected of plotting terror attacks in California says they're surprised by his arrest.
The white nationalist rally did not materialize Sunday morning because counterprotesters occupied Bluff Park, where it was supposed to take place.
Or so he thought.
James Domingo declined to speculate on whether his brother was guilty, only saying he would "wait for the trial". The explosives were duds.
Domingo, a Reseda resident, is charged with the felony offense of providing and attempting to provide material support to terrorists.
Domingo was referring to the massacre on October 1, 2017, committed by a lone gunman who committed suicide after shooting to death more than 50 people.
In another posting on March 14, he wrote: "There were mosque shootings in New Zealand".
Phone and email messages seeking comment from the public defender representing Domingo were not immediately returned.
It goes on to state that Domingo said that detonating an IED with a timer on the pier would "cause a lot of casualties".
These posts are what led authorities to send an informant to conduct a series of meetings with Domingo. Domingo allegedly met the secret Federal Bureau of Investigation insider armed with an assault rifle, "to show you that I'm serious", according to the government's criminal complaint, and dispatched the undercover source to find someone to build an improvised bomb.
But a 38-page affidavit unsealed Monday unspooled Domingo's alleged plot and its withering lethality: A nail-filled improvised explosive device, specially constructed, Domingo told an undercover source, to tear through flesh and internal organs.
A drive-by shooting; the killing of Jewish people; the slaying of cops in which he would shoot them then torch their cruiser; an attack at a military armory; a bomb on the freeway that could injure hundreds, Domingo continued to plot.
The suspect is a 26-year-old US army veteran who served in Afghanistan, named Mark Domingo. He left with a rank of private, the lowest possible grade.
Domingo had been deployed to Afghanistan between September 2012 and January 2013.
According to the criminal complaint, Domingo suggested targeting the Santa Monica Pier because "it was a more enclosed space and people would not be able to escape from a blast", the complaint reads.
"I mean I don't want to get caught", the informant said. But he was arrested Friday after taking possession of what he thought was an IED from an undercover Federal Bureau of Investigation agent, while scoping out a spot in a park to plant the bomb.
- Trump retweets some 60 anti-Biden tweets responding to firefighter union endorsement
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Thiem dethrones 11-time champion Nadal to reach Barcelona final
- Facebook rolls out massive redesign with a major focus on groups
- ISIS Leader Appears in Video for First Time in 5 Years
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Mueller criticised attorney-general's summary of Russian Federation investigation
- Warriors hold on to take down Rockets in Game 1
- 'The moment is now': Venezuela's Juan Guaido calls for military uprising