But Jussie Smollett will not be invited back ... well ... sort of.
After the actor's arrest in February, the show's producers said his character would be "removed" from the current season's final two episodes.
In January, Smollett said he was attacked by two supporters of President Donald Trump, but Chicago police accused the openly gay actor of having paid two brothers to stage the attack.
That means the studio isn't including him in the series, but is leaving open the possibility of his return. The 4-year-old show, which also stars Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, is based at Cinespace Chicago Film Studios on the West Side.
'Together, as a united front, we stand with Jussie Smollett and ask that our co-star, brother and friend be brought back for our sixth season of Empire, ' the letter read. Charges against Smollett were eventually dropped in late March, well after the event had become a national political news story.
Yes, Empire will return for a sixth season on Fox.
In the letter, the cast vouched for Smollett's character and reaffirmed his place in the Empire family.
The city of Chicago sued the actor in early April for the cost of investigating his controversial case, as promised, one week after the "Empire" actor refused to reimburse the city.
Smollett was charged with multiple felony counts alleging the actor duped the Chicago police into believing he had been the target of a hate crime.
To back up this claim, police found the canceled $3500 check, established a previous relationship between the brothers and Smollett, and even found video of Abe and Ola Osundairo purchasing red hats that they say were meant to stand in for the Make America Great Again hats worn by Trump supporters.
Season 5 of "Empire" will close next Wednesday night with a season finale entitled "The Roughest Day".
- Warriors hold on to take down Rockets in Game 1
- Army veteran charged with plotting terror attacks in LA area
- Facebook rolls out massive redesign with a major focus on groups
- Alphabet's Q1 brought down by EC fine
- Avengers: Endgame -- 84 Easter Eggs And References You Might Have Missed
- Armed forces on alert as Odisha braces for cyclonic storm 'Fani'
- Two People Killed And Others Injured In Shooting At US College
- Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by seven wickets
- Trump retweets some 60 anti-Biden tweets responding to firefighter union endorsement
- Apple shares flirt with $1 trillion valuation on China sales uptick